HELP! RokStock Barrel Contour

HELP! My wife just said I could order a RokStok (only 12 left at the time I'm posting this), but I'm still trying to understand barrel contours and every post leaves me more confused.

I have a Tikka t3x in 6.5 Creedmoor with a factory sporter barrel cut down to 16.25" for a Banish Backcountry Suppressor. I plan to hunt whitetail deer in NE Georgia woods. Shots will mostly be under 200 yards. I need something handy for hiking or saddle hunting, but I also want to shoot steel at distance if the opportunity presents itself. This will be my all-around rifle (I don't plan on going out west for epic elk hunts or stuff like that) for hunting the southeast.

I plan on replacing the factory barrel with something more robust in the future, but the contour options are beyond my understanding. Should I get the Proof Sendero or the Tikka D18/ Aces #3 / BM #5 / BART #3B contour and why?

BCsteve

WKR
Personally I'd go with the D18. You have a factory sporter contour. The Rokstock spotter contour with free float your barrel. The D18 will super free float it and the Sendero will super duper free float it. In the end it's up to you. If you have the patience to dig through the Rokstock thread, there's photos.

Sendero is the easy button to never worry about clearance. If you have feelings about desiring a smaller gap for appearance reasons, have no fear, you can always open up the smaller inlets more.

I ordered sendero even though i doubt it will see anything but light steel barrels just so I never have to mess with it.

Last edited:
I have a sendero contour on a CTR barrel and it looks absurd. You know its free floated though and it shoots well. D18 would give you a good sweet spot I think between good clearance and looks.

I switched mine to the d18 or whatever profile after seeing a pic stockys posted that looked good and had just enough extra clearance with the lite barrel.

However, I don’t think a sendero would be an issue at all and if you want peace of mind just go for it.