Who uses bow slings/covers

Just curious who uses a bow sling or cover when in the back country. I can easily throw my bow on my pack to carry it and I don’t really like stiff hanging off my shoulders when I’m hiking. Just curious who does and why/if there is any benefit. I didn’t use one last year and seemed to make due just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d3ntalbliss

Lil-Rokslider
I got a neoprene sling/cover and ditched it after the first day. Just prefer to carry in hand.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Rikkar

FNG
I got the Kuiu bow cover on their last sale, haven't had it out in the field yet. Just covers the string + cams and has a little boot to cover the sight. Seems nice, but I'll get a chance to test it soon.

JT113

FNG
I use the primos sling all the time. I don't snap it, just use the little bungies over the cams. Literally takes seconds to get it off and ready for an arrow.

psp8ball

FNG
I used to use the original Primos sling. But cup-over-cam design doesn't work well with shorter ATA bows. I now use a GamePlan bow sling. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1007441883 There are two rubber knobs you attach to your riser, then the sling hooks on to them.

For me, a sling is a must. Using a sling provides a much more comfortable carry. It keeps everything from my hands to my shoulders (important when actually shooting) from fatiguing. It's also great in cold weather, when the last thing you want to do is hold a 26 degree bow for any length of time. Same for wet weather.

OR Archer

WKR
Only when strapping it to my pack will I use one. I’ve seen plenty of strings damaged from getting rubbed by buckles and straps on a pack not to use it for that purpose

Btaylor

WKR
Have a primos sling. Used it once. Walked up on a little ol deer that I wasnt going to shoot but saw right quick if it had been a deer I would shoot, I couldnt have for messin with the sling.

I used to use the original Primos sling. But cup-over-cam design doesn't work well with shorter ATA bows. I now use a GamePlan bow sling. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1007441883 There are two rubber knobs you attach to your riser, then the sling hooks on to them.

For me, a sling is a must. Using a sling provides a much more comfortable carry. It keeps everything from my hands to my shoulders (important when actually shooting) from fatiguing. It's also great in cold weather, when the last thing you want to do is hold a 26 degree bow for any length of time. Same for wet weather.

The newer neoprene Primos bow slings fit short ATA bows just fine. I have one on my 28" ATA Triax.

Second the kuiu string cover.

I like it for when having the bow strapped to the pack. Provides another layer when maneuvering through brush and reduces the factor of having to overly peak behind to check clearance. It may not prevent damage from everything, but I use it confidently, fits snug without straps, and is off quick.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have an older primos but don’t use it anymore. When bow is strapped to my pack my Klamath hoodie or other similar clothing item is used to protect the string/cam. I typically am not wearing that layer when hoofing it in/out or packing meat which is the only time strap the bow to my pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to carry mine in hand. Typically won’t have a string/cable cover on it because of possible opportunities while walking in. If I was walking a good ways, I may carry it on a sling more often.

wapitibob

WKR
I use one for transport.
Check your bow length, the KUIU doesn't fit the stated full range if the cams are large. The Sitka cover includes fletch and sight covers as well and fits bows with larger dia cams.

Adventure

FNG
I recently got the Sitka bow sling. Very good design with string cover and built in sight cover ,arrow fletching cover. I will definitely be using on this year elk hunt