Who's gotten their Mountain Warrior pack?

Had mine for a bit now and really am loving it. It's a much better fit for me then the nomad. Just got back from a 3 day Turkey scouting trip last night. Bag performed flawlessly.

mt100gr.

WKR
The UPS man delivered my Mountain Warrior today...but I am out of town. My brother said a package from Kifaru was there when he stopped by to feed our animals. Oh well, what's one more day? I know it'll be worth the wait.

colonel00

WKR
The UPS man delivered my Mountain Warrior today...but I am out of town. My brother said a package from Kifaru was there when he stopped by to feed our animals. Oh well, what's one more day? I know it'll be worth the wait.

Surprised your brother didn't report back "Nope, nothing on the porch. I'll check again later but I'm gonna go on a quick hike right now" :D

mt100gr.

WKR
Surprised your brother didn't report back "Nope, nothing on the porch. I'll check again later but I'm gonna go on a quick hike right now" :D

No doubt. If the tables were turned that would be the case for sure. As it is, he wouldn't even know which frame it would go on. Let alone how to rig it. Different strokes. Just like I couldn't tell you any important specs on his jeep or snowmobiles. I have come to respect the fact that I cannot convert him. The way I see it: one less dude in the woods:) (brotherly competition can be fierce)

Chem-E

Lil-Rokslider
Ordered mine middle of last month. Still waiting patiently, but this warm weather is making it tough!!

japple

FNG
Got mine a couple weeks ago! Perfect fit. Threw 30 pounds in it and took a hike. No soreness, hot spots, or shoulder pain. Best pack I've ever worn.

If there is anyone in Thompson/Okanagan/Kootenays area that bought one of these pack I'd love to meet up and check it out in person.....

Curtis C

WKR
Took a trip up to 1 Shot Gear today and they had one there. I like the bag description on Kifaru's site and liked it even more in person. I brought it home and promptly mounted it to my frame. I'll prolly get a Guide Lid at some point but for now I will continue to use a large belt pouch on top.

jb79

WKR
Are you guys with the MW thinking you could put a elk quarter in this or are you planning on boning everything out? How many are going to use the hanging meat bag? Just curious!

mt100gr.

WKR
Depending on the packout distance and what's already in the bag, I could see going either way...assuming the quarter at hand would fit in the bag. If I'm using it as a daypack for a day hunt with minimal gear on board, I would try to put it inside the bag. If I have camp with me, it would be meat only. Also, it would depend what else I have with me to carry gear like the grab-it or a dry sack. I prepare my gear to bring out boned meat. If the circumstances dictate that I can get away without butchering the animal in the field, I would go that route.

Chem-E

Lil-Rokslider
Are you guys with the MW thinking you could put a elk quarter in this or are you planning on boning everything out? How many are going to use the hanging meat bag? Just curious!

I intend on boning out the meat and using either a garbage bag liner, or a meat baggie.

If I was going to haul a whole quarter, I would probably just lash it to the outside, or take the bag off and use as a freighter. There are abundant lashing points and a Grab-it or Cargo Panel would make it like a Cadillac.