Wiivv custom 3D printed full length Insole review

WIIVV 3d printed full length insoles review

After a miserable “life changing” hunt in 2010. I went all in on improve gear and learning everything I could about my feet. On that hunt, I was 14 miles in the high country of Colorado muzzleloader hunting deer solo. I had done all the prep work all summer breaking in boots, learning the country, and being physically prepared for camping at 12k. During that 7 day hunt, I shredded both heals hiking in and lost 2 toe nails on the hike out. Every day of that hunt was miserable as I had no mole skin or knew about lueko tape.

Since then, I have put my feet at the top of the priority list. I read numerous medical articles, forums, and talked with a podiatrist. What I gathered is it’s a very individual problem with no one fix. Every foot, body size, and situation is different. It’s a 3d puzzle that will change on you with age, size, or fitness.

For years, I played with all the top boot brands, insoles, and socks. Once, I found a boot that fit my foot shape (narrow heel and wider toe box). Then found Fits socks. I started trying a number of different insoles with moderate improvement. Until, last summer when I got my first pair of Wiivv insoles.

During my constant search for the perfect insole. I found this company and watched a Youtube video of a Army Ranger running 100 miles with them. He was very straight forward about getting a kick back from them, however, wouldn’t destroy his feet with a subpar insole. With not much out there on them with hunting or hiking. I decided to give them a try.

Fast forward, 9 months later of testing them all over the west on numerous backpacking trips, scouting trip, pack cardio, and guiding in Alaska. My feet have never been so happy with any other insole. The support, durability and comfort really blew me away. I purchased another pair for my Duty boots at the Fire house and have literally been living with them for the last 9 months.

I even talked my wife into giving them a go for her multiple 10k to 30K races and backpacking. She noticed the same elation I did and no longer had fatigue feet or cheese grated raw soles after a long day on her feet. She also followed suite and now has them in her work shoes at the hospital and won’t use anything else.

The first thing I noticed was how perfect the arch support was and it’s location. I have been using aftermarket insoles for a long time and noticed the arch would sometime be too forward or too far back causing an annoying pressure in my arch. Second, the heel and forefoot always seemed to be lacking in padding. Often leaving my soles feeling raw. The Wiivv insoles have excellent padding both forefoot and a nice gel impact pad under the heel. Both feel amazing after a long days of hiking with a loaded pack. The arch has been perfectly located on both pairs for each foot(my left foot is almost a half size smaller).

We both paid full price minus a discount code I found on the internet. However, knowing what I know now. I wouldn’t blink to order another pair. As far as durability goes they haven’t shown any signs of falling apart or flatting out. I have put several hundred miles on my hiking boots and they look only slightly worn. I weigh 205 lbs and general have a decent size pack on for reference. My wife is a little 135 pounder and has ran over a 100 miles with no issues.

To order you must first download the Wiivv app and create an account. It is very simple and intuitive process to create your foot profile. It will prompt you to take 2 pictures of each foot. Make sure to evenly distribute your weight when taking photos to get the perfect profile. Next, submit your insole order. Their computer will generate 200 points of reference for each foot and custom 3D print your insoles.

I know, I’m missing some information here so if you have any question let me know. I honestly haven’t been this exciting about something for a long time. It would be 100% cliche to call it a “Game Changer” but it is, so there you go.

Jake Long
IG @Elkhunter34

Attachments

• thumbnail-7.jpeg
    thumbnail-7.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 50
  • thumbnail-8.jpeg
    thumbnail-8.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 50
  • thumbnail-9.jpeg
    thumbnail-9.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 51
  • thumbnail-10.jpeg
    thumbnail-10.jpeg
    273.4 KB · Views: 50

Graves14

WKR
I saw you post about these on Instagram and ordered them immediately. I have messed up, flat, weird feet. Like I wear a size 10 but have to wear insoles cut down from a size 14.... cannot wait to get these babies in my boots and try them out for myself.

If this truest ends my seemingly endless foot issues I owe you a beer!

OP
elkeaterco
I saw you post about these on Instagram and ordered them immediately. I have messed up, flat, weird feet. Like I wear a size 10 but have to wear insoles cut down from a size 14.... cannot wait to get these babies in my boots and try them out for myself.

I think you'll be blown away. Let me know how they work for you.