Wildlife Artists

NDGuy

WKR
Looking to add another wildlife print or two to my man cave. I am curious if there is anyone that is a well known artist who focused on the western states with paintings of elk, mule deer etc. Around here in the Midwest, it's pretty common to see a Terry Redlin or Jim Hansel print up in someone's house. I was wondering if there is a "Terry Redlin" of the western states?

wytx

WKR
Leon Parson, his mule deer prints are awesome. We have the entire No Tellum Ridge series and a couple of elk prints.

The names of great and well known artists can be pretty lengthy. I would suggest going to one of the many wildlife art websites like http://www.artbarbarians.com and look around to find some subjects and techniques you like and go from there. Some of my favorites are Wm. Gamradt, Michael Sieve, Luke Fraiser, Bev Doolittle, Jim Kasper
Do not count out the local folks either. The artwork can be just as good and you will more apt to get an original for a cheaper price. One from my neck of the woods is Bruce Speidel.

wytx

WKR
I'll second on Michael Sieve, Vivi Crandall has some nice work as well. Mark Susinno has some very nice trout prints as well.
Bearlodge10 also has good advice on local artists.

Never been a fan of the Redlin/ Kinkade style stuff at all....I was named after the great C.M. Russell, always had a soft spot for early -1900s sporting/ wildlife art....Philip R. Goodwin, Carl Rungius, Belmore Browne are some of my favorites...

Sturgeon

WKR
If you are looking for something more unique Chancy Walters can paint whatever you want on a turkey tail feather.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have severalParsons and Glazier pieces very nice currently trying to obtain Weather Change by parsons if anyone hears of one for sale....anyone know who composed this piece?527AF349-10C0-4233-A3CD-EF13DE8F2E6A.png

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
So many good ones. Have you seen the Bev Doolittle stuff?
I am just now looking through these various artists and they are all so talented. I may be a younger guy, but I have an old soul and love wildlife art. It just takes you back and makes you wish you were there.

Growing up in ND, have a lot of good memories but can't help but wonder what it would be like growing up in the mountains. These art prints give you a taste of it!

Schaaf

WKR
Being from ND, Check out Matt Doyle. I think 30 years from now he's going to be very popular. My parents recently got me an original Mule Deer painting of his.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Being from ND, Check out Matt Doyle. I think 30 years from now he's going to be very popular. My parents recently got me an original Mule Deer painting of his.
Dude thank you, I met this guy at a craft show and nearly bought something. I pussed out and didn't buy anything. I never got his card so nice to know of a local I can buy from.

Schaaf

WKR
Dude thank you, I met this guy at a craft show and nearly bought something. I pussed out and didn't buy anything. I never got his card so nice to know of a local I can buy from.
I know he goes to many craft shows between western ND and eastern MT. I know his wife from growing up and next time I see him I'm going to suggest he reaches out to local conservation chapters to see about donating prints or doing some kind of raffle. I would think that would spread the word much faster than craft shows that are dominated by middle aged women.