Win m70 stock options

Does anyone know of a stock manufacturer that makes a stock similar to a McMillan game warden profile that would accept a Winchester model 70 long action pre 64 (1958 actual year). I’ve contacted rocky, McMillan, manners, Boyd’s with no success. Im trying to get the more vertical grip as it helps with my actual grip length. Thank you in advance.

Im currently working on a stock for it now a marksman blank I was able to find but would like to see other options if any exist.

Attachments

• 4F537A65-D77D-46AC-BA12-7041FB3096A3.jpeg
    4F537A65-D77D-46AC-BA12-7041FB3096A3.jpeg
    507.5 KB · Views: 26
OP
N
Thanks for replying forgot to add sticky’s. They don’t have anything for pre 64 guns either

OP
N
Bansner

Thanks for the reply I was looking for more of a vertical grip but that’s definitely an option if I can’t find anything in the other profile

Are you looking for something that looks really good or something that fits your shooting requirements, but doesn't have to look great? The choice opens up your options..

morgaj1

WKR
You could buy a blank Game Warden from McMillan and send it to LRI for inletting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that Country custom metal smithing inletted an AG Alpine Hunter stock for a m70 on a build thread over on HuntTalk. So he and LRI are two options that could help. I’m sure it’s not cheap.

OP
N
Are you looking for something that looks really good or something that fits your shooting requirements, but doesn't have to look great? The choice opens up your options..
Looking for something for shooting requirements. I have the original stock that I refinished.

OP
N
My other option which is to just put the old girl in the safe, swap the glass over to a Ruger m77 I have. My initial reason for not doing this was I just wanted to use the m70. It’s a great gun that was passed down to me from my grandfather who was the original owner.

You could easily pick up an original stock (shooter grade) then cut the curved underside of the pistol grip creating a flat. Then you could add a new piece of similar wood attaching it at the new flat area. Then cut and shape the new wood to your needs. Sand and finish the wood to be as close to the original as possible. I’ve done the same thing to add different shaped pistol grips and add custom cheek pieces. It will not finish out great, but will be very serviceable. I’ve painted a few that looked really good since the different woods and any joint lines are covered.this works well if you like the feel of an original stock other than the pistol grip. At the very least the inletting, etc will fit and the heavy lifting will already be done. Should be one of the cheaper options too.