Winchester model 70 classic stainless stock options

So I recently acquired a model 70 classic stainless 300WM with the CRF bolt. It’s a G111XXX serial code.

I want to put it into a carbon stock really. But I’d settle maybe for just a lighter synthetic.

Anyone have a classic stainless in a Carbon stock? I’ve googled and searched and can’t really find many stock options for it.

Attachments

• 72361043288__A9CD266C-1980-40FC-885C-133FEDA77AF8.jpeg
    72361043288__A9CD266C-1980-40FC-885C-133FEDA77AF8.jpeg
    324.9 KB · Views: 27

leachguy

FNG
There was a thread in here from Stockys a month or two ago asking what we'd like to see for carbon stock offerings. They had said in that post that they are working on a carbon M70 stock and to look for it near the end of the year. I hope this is true because I would like a couple at least!

Last edited:

leachguy

FNG

Found it. Half way down first page.

ericacymcdonald

Lil-Rokslider
I've got an order in for a bansner stock for my m70 right now. In my research a few weeks ago the current options are Bansner, wildcat, McMillan, Brown Precision, Pendleton and Stockys told me theirs would be released by the end of the year. The Bansner and Wildcat were the 2 I was most interested in, went with the Bansner just because it was easier as wildcat is in Canada and has some hoops to jump through to ship to the US. Brown Pounder with kevlar was by far the most intriguing but a little rich for my blood. The 24hourcampfire seems to have more reviews on m70 stuff then any other forums I've found.

Last edited:

DavidReed

FNG
Reach out to D’Arcy Echols and talk to him about one of his Legend stocks. They’re made for him by McMillan and have all of the Edge options available. It’s the best stock going for a M70 in .375 H&H. Be advised though, he only supplies them as an unfinished inletted blank as he receives them from McMillan. No paint, recoil pad, sling swivels, and fitting and bedding will need to be performed.

Photos on his website.

D’Arcy Echols & Co.

Last edited:

Wrench

WKR
This will help.

OP
N
I will have to look into these options. I read that stockeys was going to produce one. I really like the looks of AG composite stocks. But I haven’t reached out to them yet.

willtim

WKR
AG Composites does not make a Model 70 stock. From McMillians web site their stocks are rated up to to 300 WM. Mine is a 338 WM. I ordered an HS Precision.

Wrench

WKR
Mcmillan EDGE fill is rated to 300. The standard and sniper fills will take as big a rifle cartridge as you want to shoot.

leachguy

FNG
I have a Stockys on a Savage 270win and the rifle all up weighed just over 7lbs with a Trijicon Credo. The recoil felt lighter than with the plastic stock and it's thicker recoil pad. I am really impressed with the Stockys overall. I feel they're really good bang for the buck. Paint started to chip off on mine, but that wasn't a big concern to me, I just touched it up with some spray cans. If they come out with stocks for the M70 soon like they said, I'll be buying at least 1. I have 3 M70's in the safe, so may buy 3.

leachguy

FNG
My Savage Sporter one was right in the advertised weight. Like 22.6 oz with recoil pad if I remember correctly. I realize the M70 is a different inlet so who knows where that'll come in, but I'd assume similar 24oz or less.