Winchester Model 70 EW Used Price Check

I came across a used Winchester Model 70 Extreme Weather SS in .308 at a local gun shop. Previously, I had always ignored Model 70's, but I finally picked this one up and looked at it. It was far nicer than I had expected. So what say the folks here, is it worth $1200 used?

I did not realize how nice the new Winchester Model 70's are.

Thanks.

eamyrick

WKR
It is not worth $1200 used. They were that much new and a used rifle is always a gamble. Winchesters are usually great but some don’t shoot well just like any other factory rifle. A stainless classic is generally around $800. EW $1000 used.

EastMT

WKR
I came across a used Winchester Model 70 Extreme Weather SS in .308 at a local gun shop. Previously, I had always ignored Model 70's, but I finally picked this one up and looked at it. It was far nicer than I had expected. So what say the folks here, is it worth $1200 used?

I did not realize how nice the new Winchester Model 70's are.

Thanks.

I have one and it’s one of my favorite rifles. A couple years ago they were about that new, so with current market conditions I’d say it’s about avg. price. He may deal a little, but hard to tell right now

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Price is a bit high but not outrageous. M70 extreme weather rifles are awesome guns. I have a couple of them and honestly I wouldn’t take 1200.00 for them if somebody offered. I think that those are about the nicest rifle you can get in the ~ 1k price range.

Is yours an older one with the all black stock or the newer one with the gray speckled stock?

OP
B
Price is a bit high but not outrageous. M70 extreme weather rifles are awesome guns. I have a couple of them and honestly I wouldn’t take 1200.00 for them if somebody offered. I think that those are about the nicest rifle you can get in the ~ 1k price range.

Is yours an older one with the all black stock or the newer one with the gray speckled stock?

If I remember correctly, it had the all black stock. It has been sitting there for about 6 months or so.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
If I remember correctly, it had the all black stock. It has been sitting there for about 6 months or so.

Seems like they are selling for more than 1200 dollars on gunbroker so with the current gun situation, the price dosent seem bad at all for a gun you like.

If they have had it for 6 months, you might even be able to talk them down a bit.