Wisco FNG

New guy from central WI here. Long time lurker on the forums, figured I'd finally join up and join in some discussions. Desk jockey and road warrior by day, not enough time to hunt as much as I want to. Focus mostly on whitetail and upland in state, some waterfowl, limited trapping when opportunity and time is there and some fishing to fill the non-hunting time.

I do manage to get to Idaho every couple of years for archery elk. Struck out this year, herd wasn't around but managed a solid 3 hour stalk on a 5x5. Got within 75 yards but no shot - so close. Looking forward to the next opportunity already to chase another elk.

bw0311

FNG
i
+1 WI new guy here. Focus on whitetail, public land mostly. Also big into Northern Pike fishing and service rifle competition.

OP
B
i
+1 WI new guy here. Focus on whitetail, public land mostly. Also big into Northern Pike fishing and service rifle competition.
Where do you do service rifle competitions? My area is a little dry for any competitive shooting outside of trap league.

ChasinDoes

Lil-Rokslider
Where at in central Wisconsin? I hunt in Adam's county

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

bw0311

FNG
Where do you do service rifle competitions? My area is a little dry for any competitive shooting outside of trap league.
Racine, Eau Claire, Lacrosse are the most common for service rifle. Lodi is pretty much doing just mid-range (600yd) and long range (800-1000yd) matches these days.
Wausau and wi rapids do maybe one match a year. All in all, WI has pretty good options for 2/3/600yd service rifle

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie