Wiser Precision Nighthawk pan function

JBHunt_3

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased a Nighthawk pan head from Wiser on their Black Friday sale. I purchased one of the blemish models assuming it would function normal, but just have cosmetic issues. I finally got around to attaching it to my tripod and trying it out. I am getting a significant amount of movement out of the head when locking down the pan lever with the tilt lever already locked down. Is this normal with this pan head? I was upgrading from a Benro S2 and the benro probably only has about 20% of the movement when locking down as the nighthawk.

I tried contacting wiser through their website yesterday to see if that movement is normal, I haven’t heard back. I can’t find a phone number for customer service on the website. I think I’m going to have to try to return it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This seems strange. Where is the movement? I did notice the tilt and pan are pretty tight so you may have to lock down even further if you can. Mine has been rock solid and I sent it in to them for the new bearings as I had an older model. They should definitely take care of you as it was great service.

OP
J

JBHunt_3

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up getting in contact with them and after a few questions they said something doesn’t sound quite right with my panhead, and they shipped out another one for a warranty replacement. Great customer service experience as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fbhandler

WKR
This seems strange. Where is the movement? I did notice the tilt and pan are pretty tight so you may have to lock down even further if you can. Mine has been rock solid and I sent it in to them for the new bearings as I had an older model. They should definitely take care of you as it was great service.
I didn’t realize they had a different versions. How do you know if you have one with the bearings ?

I didn’t realize they had a different versions. How do you know if you have one with the bearings ?
Depends when yours was manufactured. I’ve used both and there is a difference, although until you feel the difference I never would have had a problem with the old ones. This was us being nit picky with a new and old model. I’d say colder temps is where the newer bearings shine and keep things smoother.