wolf management debate

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
How to Participate
Virtual discussions that will help frame the national dialogue around wolves and wolf management are scheduled for this week, today (Monday, April 15), from 2-3 p.m. EST, tomorrow, Tuesday, April 16, at 3 p.m. EST, and the following Tuesday, April 23, at 11 a.m. EST. The wolf dialogue’s website will be live next Monday, April 22.
The meetings will be conducted via Zoom, and participants must pre-register. Here are the days, times, and links to join the discussion:
https://peoplesprocess.com/

Monday, April 15 2:00pm-3:00pm (Register here!)

Tuesday, April 16 3:00pm-4:30pm EST (Register here!)

Tuesday, April 23 11:00am-12:30pm EST (Register here!)

If you have trouble registering, or want to get on the Constructive Conflict newsletter, email [email protected]

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

westernarcher

Lil-Rokslider
If Washington is her example this will never work. She says she finished her part in 2018. Wolves had so decimated the Blue Mountains herd of elk I couldn't find a true trophy bull with a premier tag in 2018 or 2016. Yes I was lucky to draw bull tags those years. 400" was the mark. Multiple 400+ bulls in the prior 5 years.
I don't know about gorillas or these other species she seems to have mediated. Wolves are an entirely different animal on Earth. Its time to manage what's left, by the examples we see, and stop letting the EMOTIONAL left run our country

Chrisamx

FNG
Why do people want to reintroduce wolves and protect predators? The answer for some is the eventual ban on hunting. The following is from earth.org , a rewilding organization:

"The presence of top carnivores in an ecosystem not only holds ecological value but serves an economic and social purpose to humans. Rewilding, or more specifically trophic rewilding, is shedding light on the importance of predators and providing evidence of their benefits. The results will also help to advocate for the protection of existing trophic chains that are regulated by their top predator."

"...advocate for the protection of existing trophic chains that are regulated by their top predator."

In other words, protect the food that predators rely on, which means the banning of hunting.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can tell reading isn't as high on the list as posting.

This isn't a debate it's a data collection to assemble what everyone believes is important to the management of wolves then where they ailine and where there are possible compromises. I'm not sure it'll work but it definitely won't if you don't submit data on that's important to you.

Did you atlest send an email? No one cares if you like the process or not; it is what it is.

Get involved in the process doing something besides bitching because not even those that agree with you want to hear it.

westernarcher

Lil-Rokslider
I can tell reading isn't as high on the list as posting.

This isn't a debate it's a data collection to assemble what everyone believes is important to the management of wolves then where they ailine and where there are possible compromises. I'm not sure it'll work but it definitely won't if you don't submit data on that's important to you.

Did you atlest send an email? No one cares if you like the process or not; it is what it is.

Get involved in the process doing something besides bitching because not even those that agree with you want to hear it.

I read it and that’s why I commented. I’ll be on the zoom today. But they seem self congratulatory on the wolf situation in Washington which is every bit as bad as Idaho and they have no way to control the wolves.
My perspective is if the problem is in wilderness areas it isn’t getting taken care of. Period. Only in livestock areas are they somewhat controlled

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I read it and that’s why I commented. I’ll be on the zoom today. But they seem self congratulatory on the wolf situation in Washington which is every bit as bad as Idaho and they have no way to control the wolves.
My perspective is if the problem is in wilderness areas it isn’t getting taken care of. Period. Only in livestock areas are they somewhat controlled
Point taken.

I agree with you that to me the Washington management plan doesn't give me to much faith in the process.

Only thing you do is be involved and give your do diligence!

OP
weekender7
Anyone have the zoom link for today's session? I emailed the above link but got a bounce back asking for patience.

westernarcher

Lil-Rokslider
So I was able to get in on the conversation thru zoom. Here’s my take away.

The goal is to get all sides together in the same camp and get them to smile a shake hands. Share a burger and drink some whiskey. Her exact words. I can’t make it up.

I was able to speak a few minutes. I asked her when can we expect the rubber to hit the road (actual wolf management). I told her she was doing a great job getting people to work together but I haven’t actually seen any changes other than decimated ungulate herds. She literally paused and said she didn’t have an answer. Didn’t know how to answer me.

I likened the wolves to criminals that unmanaged, will wreak havoc. If managed they would be more in control just like human criminals.

One of the panelists spoke after I did and said I had triggered her emotions because I had called her wolves criminals.

This is a woke agenda that will lead to nothing but holding hands and wolves getting worse and worse. Fish & game is funding this. So you me brothers. How did it get here? They don’t have the backbone to do what is right. I don’t even know if there’s anybody left in government that wants the right thing done.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
I signed up for Tuesdays, although my wife is suppose or get induced with our 2nd that day if he doesn’t come naturally before. So it might be hard for me to make it lol.

I skimmed through the OPs article. That woman (Madden) seemed very fair and objective, and these constructive conflict sessions are much better than each side bitching and moaning about the other. Since the antis have so much money and power they are going to have voice at the table whether we like it or not. So we better come prepared and well spoken in order to at the least get middle ground.

2ski

WKR
So I was able to get in on the conversation thru zoom. Here’s my take away.

The goal is to get all sides together in the same camp and get them to smile a shake hands. Share a burger and drink some whiskey. Her exact words. I can’t make it up.

I was able to speak a few minutes. I asked her when can we expect the rubber to hit the road (actual wolf management). I told her she was doing a great job getting people to work together but I haven’t actually seen any changes other than decimated ungulate herds. She literally paused and said she didn’t have an answer. Didn’t know how to answer me.

I likened the wolves to criminals that unmanaged, will wreak havoc. If managed they would be more in control just like human criminals.

One of the panelists spoke after I did and said I had triggered her emotions because I had called her wolves criminals.

This is a woke agenda that will lead to nothing but holding hands and wolves getting worse and worse. Fish & game is funding this. So you me brothers. How did it get here? They don’t have the backbone to do what is right. I don’t even know if there’s anybody left in government that wants the right thing done.
I mean truthfully as I was reading your post and I got to the criminal comment my thought was "dude make a better choice of words if your goal is trying to get someone to listen to you".