Wrap for spotting scopes

Has anyone used Gear Aid Camo Form nonadhesive camo tape, or something similar, to wrap and protect their spotter?

I have a Kowa TSN-774 inbound and I'm looking for a way to protect it from light abuse and dirt. I have the Kowa stay-on cover on my TSN-554, but I'm not too crazy about it. I'll buy the stay-on for the 774, if the tape idea doesn't pan out, but really would like a better alternative. Thanks

I've also ordered a Breakthrough Photography X4 ND neutral filter, as sacrificial insurance for the objective lens.

Coltmag45

FNG
I haven’t used the tape for it but it sounds like a good idea to me I normally just use a case but they can be very bulky.

Drenalin

WKR
Vet wrap would probably be the simplest place to start.
Yep, it’s pretty much the same as camoform, but cheaper and more accessible. I buy it at Tractor Supply and wrap all kinds of stuff in. Haven’t done a spotter, but don’t know why it wouldn’t work.

BluMtn

WKR
I have a Kowa 99 since they came out and could not find a cover for it. I wrapped it in vet tape (Tan) when it came out of the box and it has ridden around in my pack, pickup, been knocked over a couple times on hunts and still looks new. When the tape starts looking worn I just put new tape on it. I had an 88 that had the green stay on cover and I loved that cover, did a very good job of protecting the scope. Now all you can find is the black and I don't believe it covers very well.

Yep, it’s pretty much the same as camoform, but cheaper and more accessible. I buy it at Tractor Supply and wrap all kinds of stuff in. Haven’t done a spotter, but don’t know why it wouldn’t work.

I used this vet wrap on my Zeiss Harpia. Works amazing. Gonna wrap my riflescopes here soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
eaglemountainman
I have a Kowa 99 since they came out and could not find a cover for it. I wrapped it in vet tape (Tan) when it came out of the box and it has ridden around in my pack, pickup, been knocked over a couple times on hunts and still looks new. When the tape starts looking worn I just put new tape on it. I had an 88 that had the green stay on cover and I loved that cover, did a very good job of protecting the scope. Now all you can find is the black and I don't believe it covers very well.
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to give the tape a try first, if the scope ever gets here. Ordered almost a week ago, and still no shipping email.
I can always order the green cover if I'm not happy with the tape. I'm just not thrilled with the fit on my 554....though it has given good protection.

packer58

WKR
Yep, Amazon has plenty of vet type tape choices. I wrap all my varmint guns with it, doesn't leave any residue whatsoever. As far as fall protection though, you'd probably have to wrap a few layers on your scope to equal the protection of a neoprene cover.