WTB WTB: 338 Federal Ammunition-Alaska

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Edit: Would also consider Lower 48, shipped to a relative down there as well.
in particular, looking for Federal Trophy Copper 200. Will pay extra if Steve Rinella is not on the box.

Taking delivery of a new rifle this week, chambered in 338 Federal.
I would like to see if anyone has any factory ammo within Alaska that they could sell.
Wanting to test out the new rifle and see what it likes. Located in Wasilla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

peaceman

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Are you going to reload? 160 ttsx w/ Tac or Aa2230 and 185ttsx w/ 8208 are what I have had best success with mine. Of the factory loads, the 200 trophy copper shot the best in all three rifles and I’ve tried the 210 partitions as well as the 200 fusions.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Taking delivery of a new rifle this week, chambered in 338 Federal.
I would like to see if anyone has any factory ammo within Alaska that they could sell.
Wanting to test out the new rifle and see what it likes. Located in Wasilla.

Just saw some of this on a shelf in Wasilla within the last two weeks. I don’t remember which store it was at though. It was on the shelf almost daily (I have only been checking Arctic ammo for 458 socom lately).

OP
B_Reynolds_AK
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Just saw some of this on a shelf in Wasilla within the last two weeks. I don’t remember which store it was at though. It was on the shelf almost daily (I have only been checking Arctic ammo for 458 socom lately).

I’m in Wasilla. Sportsman’s hasn’t had any. Any ideas of which stores you went to besides Arctic? 3 Bears, Chimo's, other?

Peaceman:

I don't reload. My main rifle is a Barrett Fieldcraft 6.5 and it shoots the Barnes 127 factory ammo so good, I never thought I needed to. But, with all the shortages lately and now with a rifle chambered in a less common load, maybe I should. I really like monolithic bullets and my preference for this new rifle would be the 200 g. Trophy Copper's, if it shoots them well and I could find some.

Last edited:

peaceman

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’m in Wasilla. Sportsman’s hasn’t had any. Any ideas of which stores you went to besides Arctic? 3 Bears, Chimo's, other?

Peaceman:

I don't reload. My main rifle is a Barrett Fieldcraft 6.5 and it shoots the Barnes 127 factory ammo so good, I never thought I needed to. But, with all the shortages lately and now with a rifle chambered in a less common load, maybe I should. I really like monolithic bullets and my preference for this new rifle would be the 200 g. Trophy Copper's, if it shoots them well and I could find some.
I’ll keep my eye out. I’ll be swinging by boondocks tomorrow and will see if they have any.

z987k

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Peaceman:

You're late to that party as well. Powder is even more rare in Alaska than in the lesser 48 due to hazmat shipping. It's all but unobtanable. I haven't been able to buy powder I need in 12 months. Primers, even worse. You can get brass shipped. Presses don't exist either.
I see a lot more factory ammo on the shelves than I do reloading supplies.

OP
B_Reynolds_AK
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
You're late to that party as well. Powder is even more rare in Alaska than in the lesser 48 due to hazmat shipping. It's all but unobtanable. I haven't been able to buy powder I need in 12 months. Primers, even worse. You can get brass shipped. Presses don't exist either.
I see a lot more factory ammo on the shelves than I do reloading supplies.
Yeah, so I've been told.
Good thing I have a bow as well : )

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Peaceman:

It would have been Arctic, 4 corners 3 bears, or Sportsman’s.
it’s been a couple of weeks and only reason I paid attention to it is because a friend of mine shoots the 338 fed.
I don’t frequent chimos. Can’t bring myself to pay their prices.
I’ll keep my eye open for it. If I find it, I’ll grab some and let you pay shelf price. Not inflated price. Summer break is right around the corner and I get to be one of those guys standing in line as soon as it opens.

OP
B_Reynolds_AK
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Thanks Yukon.
4 Corners 3 Bears is the only place I havnt checked in a month or so. I’ll stop by there tomorrow and see.