WTB Kimber Montana 7 WSM

6.5Express

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've got a kimber classic in 7 wsm with a brake I'd let go. Has shot .5 moa but consistently .75 moa with 168 vld s and h1000. Have brass, dies, bullets, etc. too.

OP
Fireguy

Fireguy

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a kimber classic in 7 wsm with a brake I'd let go. Has shot .5 moa but consistently .75 moa with 168 vld s and h1000. Have brass, dies, bullets, etc. too.

Thanks but looking only for the Montana. Would be willing to buy the components though.

BigSky

WKR
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Good luck in your quest Fireguy. I've been looking for years. It seems the only time I will ever see one it will be in the hands of Bigfoot, riding a unicorn while he's out hunting chupacabras.

Shrek

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fireguy , do you already have a supply of brass ? If not I would think twice about a 7mm wsm. The only brass available is factory loaded ammo you either fire or pull down. Very expensive that way

deadwolf

WKR
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
When did Kimber offer a Montana in 7mm wsm? I've never seen one on any site, forum, or gun shop anywhere. And on a side note, I bought 100 rounds of new unprimed Winchester brass yesterday online. Haven't been able to do that in awhile. : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They did offer them, I've seen one.

But I think the OP is going to have to find a donor action and rebarrel if he wants one.

Shrek

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They made them. I came very close to buying one at a LGS. If you are really wanting one buy a WSM Montana and have a custom barrel put on with a duplicate contour.

deadwolf

WKR
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Main reason would be higher BCs and heavier bullets afforded to the 7mm WSM shooter. Up to a 180 for the 7mm WSM. A 300wsm would be a closer fit. A wider selection of those higher BC bullets as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rowdy

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to find a Montana in a 7mm WSM a couple of years ago, really like that rifle. I bought another Montana in a 325 WSM and had it rebarreled by PacNor to 7mm WSM. I couldn't be happier with either rifle, both a pleasure to carry and both very accurate. Over the past 3 years all my 7mm WSM brass started life as 300 WSM, it's good brass no issues. 2 days ago I just happened to walk into our local Sportsmans Warehouse and on the shelf were two new bags of brass, of course I bought em both but it may become more prevalent in the near future. If I were to do another I'd go grab a decent priced 8400 and just have it rebarreled, you may wait a long time for a factory built 7mm WSM.

Shrek

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would end up with a better rifle with a donor rifle and custom barrel and have it properly throated and twisted for heavier bullets. True it up , bed it , and make sure it feeds at the same time.

OP
Fireguy

Fireguy

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have brass already. I made a deal with a coworker to trade into a Kimber Montana 7 WSM, got all my brass and bullets and then he backed out. Figured I'd throw it out here and see you never know. Will most likely just buy a different Montana and have a custom barrel put on it. A Montana in a 7 WSM makes for one bad mofo of a package slinging 162's.

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
They do exist as I have one. I bought it about 12 years ago and am about ready to have it re-barreled. It has shot poorly from the beginning and I decided to do something about it this winter. I'd love to sell you mine but I'd feel badly about selling a rifle with sub-par accuracy. Besides I've got some plans for it.......

dotman

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not a Montana in 270wsm? (Only because they might be easier to find)

If rebarreling that would be a good option with the new high bc Berger bullets and if you can find the 175gr matrix vld's but I doubt a factory barrel has a 1:8 twist which would allow you to shoot these.