WTF Kuiu, waterfowl?

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
Target those guys to use their money on waders and duck holes instead of elk tags and tents. All good with me.

I also think Kuiu hasn’t brought anything technically advanced to the table since Kutana pants and Peloton 97 tops.
well i will say once they stop to built locally or in canada it was a lost cause but only time will tell.

Target those guys to use their money on waders and duck holes instead of elk tags and tents. All good with me.

I also think Kuiu hasn’t brought anything technically advanced to the table since Kutana pants and Peloton 97 tops.
And the 97 mid layers I have sworn by for the past few years have been replaced with polartec alpha 90. Warmer, lighter and more breathable.

I bet the waders are pretty sweet. Unfortunately, I despise the valo pattern. The rest of the lineup... meh.

I also agree that the worst part of duck hunting are the other duck hunters. Mallards lit up in the sun makes up for a lot of their bullshit... Sometimes.

Poser

WKR
I bet the waders are pretty sweet. Unfortunately, I despise the valo pattern. The rest of the lineup... meh.

I also agree that the worst part of duck hunting are the other duck hunters. Mallards lit up in the sun makes up for a lot of their bullshit... Sometimes.

There is something to be said for standing in chest deep in a cypress groove when the sun comes up. Or, dropping a severally underpowered boat into the Mississippi River on a dark, foggy night and thinking about all of the ways you could die….

geriggs

WKR
For the record… I am fat and hunt western game…..I do not duck hunt. I wear a little Kuiu…….take that Jason lol. (RIP)

I never understood the attraction of duck or goose hunting but to each their own. A little too cold and wet for me and not a fan of the meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sasquatch

WKR
Come to Virginia/NC and see for yourself. I am sure Sitka isn't complaining about their $300 jackets being worn as fashion statements. I bet it is common throughout most of the south.

I second this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
I'll wait for the new high n dry zippered waders coming this September. Huge luck with their products. I can't fathom spending that much on waders that will get a hole punched in them at some point.

Erict

WKR
"Combined forces..with Simms" for waterfowl gear. Is Kuiu Flyfishing next? 🎣 Lots of disposable income in that group.

Regardless, high end gear technology often results in "trickle down" improvements in the less expensive, and sometimes "better", stuff.

t_carlson

WKR
Well, you are wrong. Most of the kids my 19 yo daughter runs with wear waterfowl gear and they dont even know what ducks are. Sitka is the new trend much like Carhartt was.

ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT...I stand corrected.

My perception of duck hunters, based on growing up in rural SW TN along the MS River flyway is that they are the fattest, laziest, most egotistical group of narcissists you could ever possibly subject yourself to.

Duck hunters could easily say the same thing about the Busch light drinking pumpkin patch blasting deer from the truck window.

Get a freaking clue. You sound like an anti.

Nothing worse than a dude who cuts breasts out for those damn duck poppers. Lot of truth to what you posted.

Nothing worse? In many places the breasts are all you are legally required to keep. Then again, if you come from the Meateater crowd and enjoy eating raw fat from behind a deer's eyeballs, I guess it probably seems wasteful.

I went to a duck club in the Mississippi Delta and the guys were bragging about how good their duck cooking skills were. I was suspicious, but open minded. (I mean, really, how good of a cook can a nasty light drinking, former Ole Miss frat boy really be?). Their technique was to deep fry the shit out of the duck breasts and slather them with ranch dressing. I mean, whatever blows your hair back. Simple food can sometimes be the best food, but I thought we were going to get into some deep roots, southern cooking with the way this was talked up. Then, the next day, they all made fun of my shotgun -relentlessly picked on me about it. I was the only one there with a sub $2500 shotgun.

Duck is the best tasting wild game when everything comes together right (species, forage base, and a good cook), but a lot of hunters just hit the "easy" button like in your story.

MT_Wyatt

WKR

P Carter

WKR
Thinking this or similar:
If you're looking at a "naked" alpha direct, consider this: https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/38832937/men's-super-sevens-fleece-pullover-hoodie

It's Primaloft Evolve, same insulation as used in the Sitka Ambient but without the hard face that is on the Ambient. So it is quite similar to the cottage industry Alpha Direct pieces. I have one and it is great. Kindof a niche pieceand you'll want a windshell to pair withit. I'd wait until it goes on sale, which I think is pretty regularly.

InDeep

WKR
ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT...I stand corrected.

Duck hunters could easily say the same thing about the Busch light drinking pumpkin patch blasting deer from the truck window.

Get a freaking clue. You sound like an anti.

Nothing worse? In many places the breasts are all you are legally required to keep. Then again, if you come from the Meateater crowd and enjoy eating raw fat from behind a deer's eyeballs, I guess it probably seems wasteful.

Duck is the best tasting wild game when everything comes together right (species, forage base, and a good cook), but a lot of hunters just hit the "easy" button like in your story.
You could be a elitist Montana hunter . that cant see the stereotypes outside of his own state. And recognize that they will sell as much waterfowl gear as the rest of them . Owning a business in todays economy requires growth and the teens in my town love name brand hunting gear . And I don't care if they hunt our not . they pay attention to hunting trends and it will keep it open .

Listen to this podcast it has good info

The MVM Show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tell me more. What brand?
I had a 20% off code for Senchi Designs.I have the 1/2 zip and pants. The 1/2 zip is lighter than the 97 zip and the pants are significantly lighter than the 97 pants. I am going to put 3/4 zips on the pants so they be a bit closer in weight when finished.

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
you have to try snow geese taken from a very corn field in a cassoulet with a great cahors wine ...