WTS: Complete Ultralight Hammock System

MTarrowflinger

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently switched to a Seek Outside Redcliff. For no reason other than to raise some funds, I'd like to sell my hammock system. This thing is absolutely ultralight and is hands down one of the most comfortable systems I've ever used. I can't stress enough how much I love this thing, so if the price isn't right, I won't be getting rid of it.

The hammock is the whisper hammock listed here:

BoneFire Gear

The shelter is the Z Packs Cuben Fiber hammock tarp with doors listed here:

Zpacks Ultralight Backpacking Gear - Cuben Fiber Hammock Tarps

And the quilt is a 30 degree ultralight down top quilt made by the same guy who makes the Bonefiregear hammock. He doesn't usually sell quilts so it was a special order that he did for me. I've literally never used the quilt because I also have a Jacks R Better 0 degree top quilt that I've taken on every trip that I needed the hammock for.

I had the shelter sent to Bonefiregear to have the deluxe suspension installed. In short, he measures out the straps and puts gear on them so that you can hang the hammock and the tarp from the same line/suspension. It saves both time and weight. It usually takes me about 3 minutes to have this thing entirely set up and staked out.

All new, this was $995. At the time, I was committed to finding the best comfort to weight ratio around. This is an incredible setup that will stretch your days in the field and distance traveled due to how well you'll sleep each night. Plus, as long as you have trees, you have camp. Gone are the days of looking for suitable ground. One of the best nights of sleep I've ever had involved this setup being pitched over a small creek.

Like I said, I've switched to the Redcliff and since we have had another child since I bought this, most of my trips are with the family or with hunting buddies now, and so the solo sleep shelter just doesn't get used anymore. I don't have any interest in breaking up this package at this time.

It is worth noting that one of the pieces of hardware has broken. Assuming someone buys this as a package, I will pay to have it sent to Bonefiregear, prior to shipping it to the buyer, to have everything inspected and any repairs/adjustments made, and then pay to have it shipped on to the new owner.

I'd like to get $750 for this setup via PayPal Friends & Family. That will include shipping and an inspection with any required repairs that need to be made by Bonefiregear.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I can send photos by email/text.

OP
M

MTarrowflinger

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to double tap this...

I'm not really interested in splitting this up right now. I don't want to sell the tarp and then end up with a hammock and quilt and no tarp to put it under.

I'd rather leave it as a package for now. I may decide to change my mind on this later on; but, I'd like to keep it grouped up so if someone is looking for a complete setup, they can get a deal on an awesome ultralight package.

OP
M

MTarrowflinger

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will consider a partial trade for a Seek Outside SXL stove with pipe long enough for a Redcliff.

OP
M

MTarrowflinger

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has been enough interest in the various components of this setup that I'm going to go ahead and sell them separately.

The tarp is SPF.

The hammock and the quilt are available for $350 for the hammock and $200 for the quilt. These prices include shipping. The quilt will be sold as is, like new, and the hammock will still be sent back to Bonefire Gear to have an inspection and subsequent repairs, which I assume will be few, if any.

OP
M

MTarrowflinger

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funds received on tarp. No longer available. I will knock $50 off the cost of the hammock/quilt if someone wants that as a set.

OP
M

MTarrowflinger

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will consider trades on the hammock. Specifically looking for a Seek Outside SXL stove and pipe, a Cimarron or Silvertip, an inReach mini, a solid bivy; but, I'm open to offers. Just looking to turn it into something I'll actually use this season...

OP
M

MTarrowflinger

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. Willing to take a hit on the value of this thing if it means turning into something that won't sit in the closet for another year...