WY Corner Crossing County Attorney not running in 2022 ... buh BYE!!!!!

CJ19

WKR
CJ19, honestly, dude, you have not kept up to date on this situation. You don't know that facts because you haven't taken the time to thoroughly research them. Many of us are guilty about skimming through a subject then posting a bunch of questions and/or making assumptions because we didn't do a thorough research.

I get it, man, have been in your boat before but since you have so many questions and feel great irony in the air, take some time to really dive into the subject.

Peace n' Love, Bro!
Accurate assessment of this of my knowledge on this case. You might be surprised the amount of experience random people on the internet have with litigation of public resources especially between 2 well funded parties. That experience might not be with corner cross but its still applicable to certain things regard litigation and how courts behave. Your comment is correct and I appreciate its delivery. Thanks.

Last edited:

CJ19

WKR
Having exhausted my allotted 10 minutes for this topic, all I could find as to the judge is that the public land crowd thinks the judge is in on the take too. Its like an episode of ancient aliens. Everytime you say "if the aliens built the pyramids then what about that?" The answer is alway...the aliens built that too.

I will propose an alternate "theory". The judge didn't want to deny people their day in court. By allowing, the proceeding to continue things went on exactly how they should have. The jury ruled on the evidence presented. The proceeding were entered into record and if the warrant being served was the miscarriage of justice everyone claims it to be, it should be in the record for appeal. Counsel has always told me lower court judges tend not to just toss things unless they are really bad. Personally, I think the tactic used by the prosecutor was slimey and the charges should have been dropped. But that doesn't mean everyone is sitting on mountains of bribe cash. In fact the opposite, it looks to me like the prosecutor just wanted to be done with the land owners multiple complaints in one shot.

But I've spent 10 minutes looking into so what do I know.

Last edited:

Jimss

WKR
I wonder who her replacement will be and how they will handle this and other cases in the future? I think that’s what’s just as important as what happened in the past?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ My guess is that every county attorney was watching this case very closely; had they successfully prosecuted you would probably see a lot more cases going forward

As that didn't happen, I think it would be the rare county attorney that would take a corner crossing case going forward. My personal experience with dozens of county attorneys- they don't like to lose

Wags

WKR
As much as the law shouldn’t have anything to do with public perception and influence that’s simply not the case. Laws are written to be unbiased but when those charged with enforcing them are publicly elected it can get complicated & you can end up with what we have here. I’m not saying she is corrupt or was bought off. IMO she was probably acting on behalf of what she felt was “right” based for her voting constituency.

Every day there are thousands of interactions where charges AREN'T filed by DAs & LEOs exercising discretion and “spirit of the law.” There are also tons of cases every day in my County that are thrown out because they aren’t worth the cost to prosecute. This varies county to county & state to state.

It would appear that she went all in on what she felt would be a winnable case. She lost, it cost her a job & reputation. The system worked in this case.

CJ19

WKR
^ My guess is that every county attorney was watching this case very closely; had they successfully prosecuted you would probably see a lot more cases going forward

As that didn't happen, I think it would be the rare county attorney that would take a corner crossing case going forward. My personal experience with dozens of county attorneys- they don't like to lose
I mean to be fair who does like to lose but your point is well taken.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
in my experience, prosecuting attorneys even less so than your average person :D

FlyGuy

WKR
While I’m drifting off to sleep at night I like to imagine that this was/is all an elaborate conspiracy, likely concocted by some well known Rokslider, to get us to a favorable ruling on corner crossing. I imagine lots of secret mtgs in dark rooms. Everyone is in on it - the judge, the CA, Buzz, the Missouri 4, the rich land owner from the Carolina’s, the sheriff, the ranch foreman, the BHA., the CIA, the FBI, and probably Rinella and Rogan. This whole thing was scripted from the beginning in an attempt to get the case brought to the Supreme Court and settled once and for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

While I’m drifting off to sleep at night I like to imagine that this was/is all an elaborate conspiracy, likely concocted by some well known Rokslider, to get us to a favorable ruling on corner crossing. I imagine lots of secret mtgs in dark rooms. Everyone is in on it - the judge, the CA, Buzz, the Missouri 4, the rich land owner from the Carolina’s, the sheriff, the ranch foreman, the BHA., the CIA, the FBI, and probably Rinella and Rogan. This whole thing was scripted from the beginning in an attempt to get the case brought to the Supreme Court and settled once and for all.

Maybe someone should send the landowner a thank you card.

🤣

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Buzz got banned?

Was it a single post or was it the cumulative affect of all his post?
Cumulative effect of dragging the place down continuously. Took more complaints on him than any member in 10 years. Warning had nil effect.

It doesn’t matter if you stay between the lines on rules, eventually it becomes obvious you’re only here to bring negativity and that’s when it’s time to go.

Passive-aggressive was his middle-name.

I was having similar visions of a made for TV soap opera / mini series that would put Yellowstone to shame. Amazing star studded cast
District attorney -Stormy Daniels
Evil Rich land owner- John Malkovich or Christopher Walken
Sheriff -Arnold Schwarzenegger
Missouri 4- a few aging burnt out rockers from the 80's
Buzz-of course played by Buzz
Judge- Lance Ito from Oj Simpson trial (probably doesn't have much going on these days. He'd look good in a cowboy hat)
"The Case of the Carbon County Corner Crossing " (that's a lot of C's) as the name. A story about lies, deceit and a poor unsuspecting Rokslider who thought he won a free all expenses paid Wyoming elk hunt only get ensnared in an evil plot to squeeze non-residents out of the drawing all while there are backroom deals going on between the DA and the Evil rich land owner about federal land access. Will the FBI, CIA and BHA come through in time ? Tune in next week to find out. Any suggestions on who should play the unsuspecting Rokslider or additional story lines are welcome.

3forks

WKR
Cumulative effect of dragging the place down continuously. Took more complaints on him than any member in 10 years. Warning had nil effect.

It doesn’t matter if you stay between the lines on rules, eventually it becomes obvious you’re only here to bring negativity and that’s when it’s time to go.

Passive-aggressive was his middle-name.
It’s too bad he couldn’t take his foot off the gas even after you warned him.

No doubt he was abrasive - and this won’t be popular - but he did know what he was talking about.

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
So let me ask a question. If I as a WY landowner, that has a corner at the crossing, ran a fence along my property line. And the other property owner, across from me, ran a fence along his property line. These fences would be separated, at most, by inches. Correct? Then there would be almost no way to corner cross?

Full disclosure, I own no property in WY. I have hunted public land In WY.

Last edited:
So let me ask a question. If I as a WY landowner, that has a corner at the crossing, ran a fence along my property line. And the other property owner, across from me, ran a fence along his property line. These fences would be separated, at most, by inches. Correct? Then there would be almost no way to corner cross?

Full disclosure, I own no property in WY. I have hunted public land In WY.
yup there would its called a ladder
you also can't fence it off completely you still have 2 points where public land meet private just ask the rancher in the current case what happens when you do exactly what you mention

i don't think the final outcome is going to be what everyone thinks but i can see a whole bunch of new corner crossing bills making it illegal being pushed

Honestly I think she probably got bullied by the landowner from the get go to make the sheriffs office issue citations when he didn’t want to. And then the video body cam told the rest of the story. And then it just snowballed on her w her decisions and things she did from there. She prolly didn’t have bad intentions except to save face. But obviously she was not a very smart attorney that I could see w the actions she took. Look no other county in the state of wyoming would issue a corner cross citation due to the ambiguity of everything surrounding it. These guys covered all their basis w what they did and they knew exactly what they were trying to accomplish. They didn’t accidentally pick this DA or county to try this. It’s been known that this Landowner is a bully there in that county and that the DA would side w him. This landowner picked the wrong fight and now it backfired. Who wants a leftover tag this yr there! Lol

This is not a true statement. Within the last year there is a County Attorney in a northeastern Wyoming county that has requested citations be written for corner crossing.

ClearCreek