WY unit 25 - outfitter, trespass fee, etc

So I drew Wyoming unit 25 for antelope this year. After taking over 50 whitetails, this will be my first western hunt. I read a bit on here and saw some guys had issues with over-pressured public land. I've been looking on OnX and the hunt planner map available on wgfd.wyo.gov and I think I have found more than half a dozen different spots that I can access BLM land from a county road.

So, long story short, I am considering ways to have a little bit better hunting experience and distance myself from the crowds. Any tips, leads, or advice would be much appreciated. I could pay a reasonable trespass fee, even if it is just to cross onto otherwise inaccessible BLM land. If you don't want to post publicly, I would appreciate a PM! Thanks all.

In general - they will be running in herds at that time of the year and of varying herd sizes.

They could be on this parcel of land in the morning and over on another parcel miles away in the afternoon based on pressure, etc.

If I were you - I’d be mobile, glassing, and anticipating where to be positioned next.

You could pay for trespass access but they might not even be there. Or you could miss them all together as they are moving.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure you are going about it the right way, but just make sure you are on county roads and not oil fields roads. It can be hard to tell without a county road map.

bmrfish

WKR
When you get there perhaps stop in at the blm office and review the roads.
OnX will be golden

Rich M

WKR
I though we weren't posting unit numbers?
One in every crowd. This aint exactly a special unit. Gonna be the downfall of this place.

Hey OP - call local GW and ask. They know everyone and will have yp to sate info.

Last edited:

grfox92

WKR
In general - they will be running in herds at that time of the year and of varying herd sizes.

They could be on this parcel of land in the morning and over on another parcel miles away in the afternoon based on pressure, etc.

If I were you - I’d be mobile, glassing, and anticipating where to be positioned next.

You could pay for trespass access but they might not even be there. Or you could miss them all together as they are moving.

Good luck.

This is good advice. I sent you a PM.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

FLS

WKR
The low point units are long past being any kind of secret.
Go before opener, find access, walk in past anything you can see from a road find a buck, camp out on him. Kill him at first light. Or wait a week. Don’t be too picky. Avoid walk in areas. It’s really not very hard.

SDHNTR

WKR
One in every crowd. This aint exactly a special unit. Gonna be the downfall of this place.

Hey OP - call local GW and ask. They know everyone and will have yp to sate info.
One? It’s only the policy of this entire website.

OP
S
Thanks for the advice. I didn't know we weren't supposed to post unit numbers; seems as though it wouldn't make much difference for a low point antelope hunt