Wyomin Duel Trip elk hunt and sightsee

nn76858

FNG
Hey guys sorry to be off topic some. Long story short im a non resident have an elk tag mid October and the season falls 3 days after my 10th anniversary. My plan is to drive out a good bit early and fly my wife out for the week. My end destination will be to fly her out of Cody the 11th or 12th.as its the closest airport to my hunting area. Was thinking of driving out twd Jackson hole and working my way twd Cody. We are not super touristy and would.love some local input of where to checkout eat cool shit to do etc for whoever is willing to chime in
.....haven't been to wyoming since I was a kid no plans of yet but looking for ideas. Thanks for any input......

Sorry not much help on where to go but I've literally been planning something similar where I can meet up with the other guys in the hunt group after spending a few days with the wife on a vacation them having her fly home. We're going to Colorado otc 2nd season and been thinking about getting Packer tickets for the game in Denver for us.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

TaperPin

WKR
Cody has some really good restaurants - as good as a fancy place anywhere.

The Tetons are cool, but the park from the south entrance to Cody isn’t that exciting. Going from Cody up to the ne part of the park is where you’ll see the most wolves and bears.

Edit: At that time of year weather will determine what’s doable. Also, rooms in Jackson are not cheap - if you haven’t already booked something it will be even more.

Last edited:

mntnguide

WKR
Not really any such thing as "not-touristy" between those 2 towns anymore. But if you have the time, the national museum of military vehicles in dubois is one of the most impressive places I've been.. and I'm not the museum type, I've been 3 times. Otherwise, between cody and Jackson, you'll be in a line of cars through the park no matter what you try. Decent time of year to do it though, the summer traffic will at least be gone

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Zdub02

WKR
Snake River Brewery was a good time if you both like beer. Food was good too from what I recall.

The Cody Firearms Museum is really cool, although not sure it's really something you want to do while celebrating an anniversary lol

87TT

WKR
Who gets married near hunting season?
Oh well, If you look, you can find a lot of stuff just driving around. Best to asked the locals when you get there.

wytx

WKR
Take her to Jackson for a night or 2, neat but touristy. Some hotels offer hunters rates too in Fall.

wyosteve

WKR
Just be aware if the park roads aren't open, it's a long drive to Cody on the eastern route.