Wyoming Corner Crossing Jury Trial Live Stream

basket8

FNG

The Wyoming corner crossing case began today with a jury trial. If you follow the above link and scroll down to Carbon County you can listen to the trial there live. It got started late this afternoon and will be resuming in the morning. My apologies if this was already posted somewhere else, I didnt see it and thought some might be interested in listening.

OP
basket8

basket8

FNG
Defendents council isn't coming across as super awesome.

Do we want these hunters found guilty so it can be appealed in Supreme Court and set an actual precedent? If that is the case... hope these defense attorneys continue to not to be super awesome 😬

ToolMann

WKR
Do we want these hunters found guilty so it can be appealed in Supreme Court and set an actual precedent? If that is the case... hope these defense attorneys continue to not to be super awesome 😬
Great point. Looks like it may ho that way based on listening to it.

tdhanses

WKR
That’s wishful thinking the SC will even pick it up, just never know.

HvyBeams

Lil-Rokslider
I have been listening off and on. I thought the cross examination of the ranch manager by the defense attorney was pretty good. I also found it interesting the ranch has taken the chain down approximately one month ago. Why would they do that? My guess, they realized the Enclosure Act prevents them from having the chain up.

The cross of the sergeant of Carbon County was pretty good too, IMO. Like I said though, I haven't listened to it all, particularly the state's examination of their witnesses.

Gutshotem

WKR
Thanks, looks like they're done for the day and wrapping it up tomorrow morning.

HvyBeams

Lil-Rokslider
It all boils down to Jury instructions and based upon the Judge’s comments it doesn’t look good for the defendants. If the instructions say disturbing air space they will be found guilty. The Judge hinted that it would. The Judge sided with the state 95% of the time that I listened to it. I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it. IMO, the only hope is a hung jury.

schlumpyj

FNG
Hopefully there are reasonable, public land loving jurors that will side with the defense.

tdhanses

WKR
I don’t think this is correct; a juror doesn’t have to explain his or her vote and won’t face repercussions for failing to convict.
Pretty sure they go on record in the selection process and if not honest it can come back on them, but I get what your saying. Personally I’d set my personal bias aside and let the fact and law dictate a decision but I also won’t take a 64” utv on a 50” atv trail.

P Carter

WKR
Pretty sure they go on record in the selection process and if not honest it can come back on them, but I get what your saying. Personally I’d set my personal bias aside and let the fact and law dictate a decision but I also won’t take a 64” utv on a 50” atv trail.
They’re not under oath during the selection process. Absent some sort of bribery or similar, I’ve never heard of any juror ever facing repercussions for their vote.