Wyoming G&F, how de we get a voice as NR's?

IdahoBeav

WKR
Oklahoma is a sleeper state when it comes to whitetails. The problem is that there is minimal public land and people from Texas have driven up lease prices for good land.

So your dream car is a Cadillac? It must really suck getting old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are a ton of states where you can get whitetail. Elk, mule deer, and pronghorn- not so much.

I'm 36, but a '59 Cadillac is timeless. Nonetheless, it was just a saying. Kias aren't terrible cars, either.

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
I smell a class action lawsuit coming on. I would be happy to get my money back for my sheep and moose points.

At the same time that WY was raising preference point prices, CO was slashing them. To ZERO. And then get the money with other fees, base licenses. On the species for which CO uses preference, not MSG.

I suspect CO was gaining an understanding that they were going to need to make some changes. And it would be best that they not be selling a future expectancy and keeping money for something they didn't plan to make good on.

But conversely, WY drastically increased Moose/Sheep preference points, changed the structure and is now trying to keep BOTH the tags and all the money they raised with the scheme.

WKR
In Oklahoma, if you bow hunt, a nonresident can get 6 deer tags (2 buck tags) and hunt from October 1- Jan 15th for a whopping $300. Not all states are as greedy and as efficient at fleecing people as Wyoming.

But then you have to go to Oklahoma...

...on purpose.

Might be overpriced.

MattB

WKR
China, How do I as a US resident get a say in your foreign policy?
That question makes as much sense as the question initially stated.
You don’t. Again, three choices:

Boycott and don’t contribute to the state.

Abide by what is established by the state (that you don’t reside in or contribute to year round)

Move and enjoy the benefits.
Until then….

I cannot imagine having the audacity to feel I have a say in how Texas manages exotics, or how Alaska manages their Dall population.
But, but…federal land.

elkhuntrr75

Lil-Rokslider
The number of full price licenses is limited.

To me it’s not so much about resident and nonresident as it is about the middle class dyi hunter being priced out by the wealthy. The lawmakers would love to make it resident against nonresident but it’s really the rich vs the middle.

I am all for residents getting the lion share of tags. The wealthy should not have advantages to drawing because they are willing to pay more and Wyoming promotes this. Some other states do as well, but not to the extent Wyoming does.

Threads like this make me miss buzzh for just a second ……then I come to my senses .
dude knew what he was talking about, but some of you did not like how the message was delivered. I personally would rathere have correct info in a way i don't like, then incorrect info in a way i do like, but to me, that is why buzz was banned.

IdahoBeav

WKR
To me it’s not so much about resident and nonresident as it is about the middle class dyi hunter being priced out by the wealthy. The lawmakers would love to make it resident against nonresident but it’s really the rich vs the middle.

I am all for residents getting the lion share of tags. The wealthy should not have advantages to drawing because they are willing to pay more and Wyoming promotes this. Some other states do as well, but not to the extent Wyoming does.

. . .
2320a6c36d05a17f326a5ef8b957b62f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Archer86

WKR

But this is exactly what alot of nr want in here to price people out so they have better odds to get the tags.

You do know that the special draw was put in place for the outfitters to help wealthy NR HUNTERS to get tags easier.....the resident diy guys likely had very little to do with that.

wapitibob

WKR
dude knew what he was talking about, but some of you did not like how the message was delivered. I personally would rathere have correct info in a way i don't like, then incorrect info in a way i do like, but to me, that is why buzz was banned.

Only 1 guy tried to change the nr 75/25 allocation to 50/50 so nr would get more random sheep/moose tags, and it wasn’t a nr.

BigBird69

FNG
The wealthy should not have advantages to drawing because they are willing to pay more and Wyoming promotes this.

Just playing devil's advocate here but what's wrong with the wealthy having an advantage? Tags are a limited resource. Shouldn't a fair market determine the value of the tag? Why shouldn't Wyoming extract maximum value from their resource? Don't they have a fiduciary responsibility to Wyoming residents?

wyogoat

WKR
Just playing devil's advocate here but what's wrong with the wealthy having an advantage? Tags are a limited resource. Shouldn't a fair market determine the value of the tag? Why shouldn't Wyoming extract maximum value from their resource? Don't they have a fiduciary responsibility to Wyoming residents?
This is a good point. I’m not saying as a resident I totally agree but a good point. One thing I can say is that these increases weren’t on a ballot that was voted on. I see the market determining tag cost but as stated further above, the preference point cost increase makes little sense to me. Again, that wasn’t on a ballot. I wonder if there would be an argument the other way though if PP costs were low, “well now every Tom, Dick and Harry can afford to put in and my draw offs decrease even further…?”
I won’t try to hide that I think residents should be the first consideration and should have certain concessions, ie almost exclusive Wilderness access. Misery loves company and Sept/Oct make up for days like today.
As soon as I become commissioner I’ll get those PP costs back in line…

dude knew what he was talking about,
Sometimes. Last time I interacted with him, he was so wrong it was comical coming from him. He definitely knows his stuff usually.

I never did see why he got banned. Probably hurt a mods feelings or something.

People from multiple states have said non res should not get a say in their states affairs. Non res need to listen for once.

So all you non res need to quit trying to go behind their backs with donations and such. Quit being sneaky trying to get a say in their state! It’s ridiculous. Seems like a bribe, donating to influence something the way you want in their state. And definitely quit trying to bribe China.

Archer86

WKR
The problem is that's all fine until it effects you then it's not ok anymore so how far do we go.

instead of a draw what if wyoming would just sell all the tags to the top bidders start bidding December 1st close it a week later I bet they get crazy money for tags.