Wyoming G&F, how de we get a voice as NR's?

tdhanses

WKR
You keep saying "2k" for a tag, so I'm assuming you mean the special elk tag, completely ignoring the regular tag price. What's the price for a REGULAR FULL PRICE ELK TAG?

You are upset about the price of a tag (grizzly) that you can't even apply for or obtain. As I said, apply for a MT or ID grizzly tag if you want.
Reg price is just under $800 and will take 8pts next year to draw since residents needed to cut NR LE tags by 50% making pts worthless so they’ll be burned on Gen tags, but hey you residents now have a .001% better chance at an LE tag.

What I’m upset about with WY is how they have the least amount of tags, yet keep finding a way to screw the NR yet expect them to fund the states wildelife management. Our LE tags were cut by 50% for 2024 and then the state said hey let’s screw them more and make the special $2k (40% of available tags by the way) so more NR put in for the lower priced general tag even reducing their chances more.

What I hope is that WY get’s 2 million new residents in the next 10 years that hunt and that they bring their politics, because 7,250NR elk tags were just too much to offer an already overpriced tag so they had to almost double the cost for 40% of the available tags and cut 50% of the LE tags for NR.

Maybe if resident tag costs were even 30% of NR I’d careless and not complain, maybe if the resident otc was removed and residents had to draw with 0pts or build pts for better units to trophy hunt i’d be less upset. WY is a welfare state that squeezes every ounce it can get from 49 other states, just look at your budget and how much the FEDS actualy fund it. Yet the residents are as Red as can be politically yet they are as blue as can be in actions without realizing it.

Ok rant over.

tdhanses

WKR
I'm not complaining, i love hunting in Wyoming so much i rarely hunt outside of the state. No complaining from me. However, you are complaining a lot.

Again if Wyoming is so evil for placing a high value on its resources, go somewhere else. Obviously other states are better (more generous and cheaper), so do the intelligent thing and hunt there.
Maybe I should just move there, Brush Creek Ranch was a nice vacation last year for the family.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Maybe I should just move there, Brush Creek Ranch was a nice vacation last year for the family.
There's your issue. Blowing cash on a dude ranch instead of tags...

Ps isn't there a random pool for draws? IE you always have a chance regardless of points.

Last edited:
A couple things, as long as states accept federal money (they all do), and they belong to the federation they are not the sole owners of the game that resides there. They are charged to manage it for the benefit of their residents but not to the exclusion of non residents.
I’ll keep trying to hunt elk and applying but I’m not feeding the damn machine. That is good ole boy outfits like RMEF or the Mule deer foundation. Why send my hard earned dollars to pay for habitat rehab and get excluded for it . I’ll milk the machine while it’s there but screw this dumping my hard earned dollars where I’m not welcome.

tdhanses

WKR
There's your issue. Blowing cash on a dude ranch instead of tags...
Paying for tags isn’t an issue but it is for many other’s and I don’t think just because you can afford it those others should lose out, hunting should be for all.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Paying for tags isn’t an issue but it is for many other’s and I don’t think just because you can afford it those others should lose out, hunting should be for all.
It's the main issue you are ranting about.

Cow elk tags are cheap and plentiful. You could hunt elk every year if you wanted.

WRO

WKR
Well with wolves now in every western state it won’t be long before moose, deer and eventually elk could be considered endangered. In Yellowstone there were 21k elk before wolves, now there are less then 2k I believe. Wolves have hit deer even harder. Won’t take much more before we see it reduce all our opportunities, especially if the feds decide to save them and increase numbers.

Jfc not a wolf fan, but we had all those species coexisting for ever prior to the early 1900s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
It's the main issue you are ranting about.
Yup because WY is catering to those that have the means, I can hunt WY every year if I want. Maybe some of us want to see the NR tag price remain affordable, maybe we want to see WY offer a few more tags since they give out so few. I get you think NR are the problem but in reality the R are the problem and they don’t even see it other then monetizing NR hunting. Tell Me this isn’t true?

tdhanses

WKR
Jfc not a wolf fan, but we had all those species coexisting for ever prior to the early 1900s.

Yeah but those wolves were smaller and are extinct as well compared to what we have now from the Yukon, so the comparison isn’t the same really.

Also humans didn’t live in nearly as much of the country as they do now compared to then. Wolves kill for fun, not always eating what they kill, also don’t forget in the early 1900’s we had very very few elk and deer across the west.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Yup because WY is catering to those that have the means, I can hunt WY every year if I want. Maybe some of us want to see the NR tag price remain affordable, maybe we want to see WY offer a few more tags since they give out so few. I get you think NR are the problem but in reality the R are the problem and they don’t even see it other then monetizing NR hunting. Tell Me this isn’t true?
Cow tags are cheap and plentiful. You can elk hunt every year if you'd like. If you really want to hunt elk.

I honestly don't think too much about NR hunters, until they piss and moan relentlessly. Moose, sheep, and goat tag allocations were the main issues I had. I don't really care about the elk and deer tag issues (ie dont necessarily want the reduction), because at the end of the day if I don't draw an LE tag, I still get to hunt. I hunt in Wyoming. I don't go bitching at other states about what they do or don't do. That's their business. It is a privilege. I guess sone people do not understand that.

I literally gave a hma access permission slip, that i drew, to a NR hunter this year because i knew he had a once in a lifetime opportunity. He was a cool dude that put the work in to learn and scout the unit, plus he was hunting hard. Had zero issues doing that for a NR hunter. But im the azzhole lol

Last edited:

tdhanses

WKR
Cow tags are cheap and plentiful. You can elk hunt every year if you'd like. If you really want to hunt elk.

I honestly don't think too much about NR hunters, until they piss and moan relentlessly. Moose, sheep, and goat tag allocations were the main issues I had. I don't really care about the elk and deer tag issues (ie dont necessarily want the reduction), because at the end of the day if I don't draw an LE tag, I still get to hunt. I hunt in Wyoming. I don't go bitching at other states about what they do or don't do. That's their business. It is a privilege. I guess sone people do not understand that.

I literally gave a hma access permission slip, that i drew, to a NR hunter this year because i knew he had a once in a lifetime opportunity. He was a cool dude that put the work in to learn and scout the unit, plus he was hunting hard. Had zero issues doing that for a NR hunter. But im the azzhole lol

Good on you, not all residents are bad, I know many that are great but the overwhelming response on the forums makes residents look like that. They all seem to think NR are out to get them on the forums, lol. Heck even if 5k more NR were allowed to hunt WY at the Gen tag price, you wouldn’t notice it.

tdhanses

WKR
Elk? No they weren’t
Big 5 and ED&A were seriously discussed, and it is coming shortly, but yes that didn’t happen yet but it’s coming, was pretty clear in the task force that they figured it was too much at once to do it now.

But if they go regions, another task force discussion, it will cut Gen tags most would want to hunt vs the areas that are primarily private, even if they increase the tags from 7,250.

This all day...amen
The problem is a small but vocal minority of residents only like nonresident hunters voices when it comes to federal bear and wolf issues, but would rather we pay our money and keep our mouths shut when it comes to outfitter preference, tag allocation and price increases. It’s a two way street, and whether we like it or not, we each need each other.

Deadfall

WKR
Hmm I’d argue that to a certain extent based on landowner tags etc.

Regardless I don’t want to see the feds running at.

In my limited time reading the internets, I’ve determined that 95% of resident hunters are idiots no matter the state they live in.

Continual bitching about non residents, licenses to expensive, predators, and just about any thing that seems possibly unfair all based around self centeredness.

No matter which state I hunt it’s always the same with the residents winning the biggest dicks to deal with.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣