Wyoming Mule Deer Region B

jst.pursuit

Lil-Rokslider
Im interested in this hunt since I have hunted antelope in this county. Does anyone have any information on mule deer here?

I dont think its great mule deer habitat, there is black hills country near the border that has whitetail mostly . Id suspect you would still be able to find some bucks and fill a tag, just maybe not like some of the better areas in the west

I'd say this is a good mature buck for the unit. October in the sage is tough. And with how the unit public land is, most good bucks are on private.

Unless you have a specific place in mind probably not worth it.IMG_1403.JPG

If you want to go out and hunt it in combination with an antelope hunt, I wouldn't hesitate. There's a ton of great walk in areas out in Region B and (generally) high deer numbers. I'd say, from what little I know of the area, Ndbowhunter's deer is a perfect example of the kind of buck you can expect out of Region B with a chance of something bigger.
Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 5.25.50 PM.png

This is all great news to hear, early October I'm heading up there for an antelope hunt and decided to get the mule tag just in case. Man I can't wait!

H'n'F

Lil-Rokslider
I've hunted Region B for years. If you want to compare notes, hit me up. I'm planning a mule deer/antelope hunt again this year after taking last year off for other adventures. You're unlikely to find a 30" monster but there are some decent bucks and it's a fun hunt. It really depends on what you're looking for and what your definition of success will be. I'm in WI so I only get a week or so a year to find them and scout while hunting and after 5 hunts, I'm still finding new areas to look. Access can be tough in spots but there is good walk-in land and state/BLM available. Read carefully because what looks like good deer ground can be closed to mule-deer hunting, especially east of Lusk. I hunt the area because my grandfather did and it's nostalgic for me, not because of the trophy potential. There are a lot of people, especially the the first week. Here are some pics of bucks I've taken on public land to give you an idea of they scale of what I've seen.

Attachments

• Mulie 1.jpg
    Mulie 1.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 374
  • Mulie 2.jpg
    Mulie 2.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 366
  • Mulie 3.jpg
    Mulie 3.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 366

H'n'F

Lil-Rokslider
Added another decent Region B public land buck this year. Did you make it out?
7d0a58799ce619751a840df5fb955e96.jpg
46820f4769a5b6004ad4cbfb29a4ca03.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ben57

FNG
My wife and I had a great hunt there last fall. Seen 2 bucks larger than the one I harvested. We did alot of scouting before we seen the buck I wanted to shoot. This was on BLM land. Fortunately most of the hunters we ran into were only antelope hunting.

Attachments

• 20200528_201958.jpg
    20200528_201958.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_08531.jpg
    IMG_08531.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 363

RyanHaas

FNG
I've hunted Region B for years. If you want to compare notes, hit me up. I'm planning a mule deer/antelope hunt again this year after taking last year off for other adventures. You're unlikely to find a 30" monster but there are some decent bucks and it's a fun hunt. It really depends on what you're looking for and what your definition of success will be. I'm in WI so I only get a week or so a year to find them and scout while hunting and after 5 hunts, I'm still finding new areas to look. Access can be tough in spots but there is good walk-in land and state/BLM available. Read carefully because what looks like good deer ground can be closed to mule-deer hunting, especially east of Lusk. I hunt the area because my grandfather did and it's nostalgic for me, not because of the trophy potential. There are a lot of people, especially the the first week. Here are some pics of bucks I've taken on public land to give you an idea of they scale of what I've seen.
I’m from Wisconsin also! Just wondering if I apply for a unit in the general b region, does that mean I can only hunt the unit or the whole region. Also I’m going with archery, can you help me out?

H'n'F

Lil-Rokslider
For a type 1 license, non-residents apply for lettered regions. You can hunt the entire region. Some units inside if the region have special requirements so pay attention to that. If you apply for a type 6 or 7 tag then it's unit specific. As far as archery, if you have a type 1 license and buy an archery license then it is still region. If you go to a type 9 archery license then I'm not sure. Really depends on what tag you hold.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RyanHaas

FNG
I went antelope hunting last year in that unit. Was successful, but didn’t see a lot of mule deer

G&D920

FNG
Planning on Heading out to Wyoming for my first ever Mule deer hunt in Region B. Anyone willing to share some general locations/information in this unit?

EdP

WKR
To clarify, when you hold a general tag for a region, you can hunt any unit in the region except those that have a quota (and so a specific draw for that unit). The hunting reg publication will make it clear what units you can hunt, season dates, and any other limitations. The Hunt Area Map shows unit and region boundaries.