Wyoming Mule deer units

drem1

FNG
I currently have 12 deer points. I’m looking for recommendations on some good units that will require all or most of these points. I don’t want to waste a bunch of points on a unit that I can draw in a few years after using these ones. I’m not opposed to using an outfitter to get the most out of the years of accumulated points. Thanks in advance!

jonny5

Lil-Rokslider
The general units of G and H are about as good as it gets in WY, IMO. That's if you like to see beautiful backcountry, glassing and are willing to do some serious hiking. Take a buddy or a family member and go have a blast!

OP
D

drem1

FNG
The general units of G and H are about as good as it gets in WY, IMO. That's if you like to see beautiful backcountry, glassing and are willing to do some serious hiking. Take a buddy or a family member and go have a blast!
Region G is where I would like to start going more often. My dad and some other family lived there for years and it’s awesome country. But idk if I want to use 12 points to go when I could go with every other year for the most part. I would like to try to somewhere with a limited entry that I most likely will never get to go to again.

jonny5

Lil-Rokslider
Region G is where I would like to start going more often. My dad and some other family lived there for years and it’s awesome country. But idk if I want to use 12 points to go when I could go with every other year for the most part. I would like to try to somewhere with a limited entry that I most likely will never get to go to again.
Region G took 8.5 points to draw this year and it's getting tougher each year. The only way to hunt it often is to be a WY resident.

TurboTec

FNG
I’m in the same boat as you drem…I have 11 deer points for Wyoming and looking to get a quality hunt. I’ve thought about region G and H but would rather do a unit that is all draw vs. OTC. Point creep is becoming a big issue and only getting worse. The good part is they changed the draw to May a few years ago to allow for winter deer assessments to be completed which is a better management strategy, but keeps you on your toes for the spring months. I’ve thought about the south central units but also want to hunt the mountains for deer instead of sage hills. It’s not an easy decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want a backcountry hunt, region G. I know it's OTC for residents, but it still cranks out giant bucks every year. If your looking for the best trophy potential, it's pretty hard to beat. You could always try for the migration tag, but you'll likely be waiting for a bit on that one.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I currently have 12 deer points. I’m looking for recommendations on some good units that will require all or most of these points. I don’t want to waste a bunch of points on a unit that I can draw in a few years after using these ones. I’m not opposed to using an outfitter to get the most out of the years of accumulated points. Thanks in advance!
I would look into a few of the late season units up in Nw corner near cody. 112 and 110 late tags are getting better and producing bigger bucks. Also word is they may extend those tags to November 20th this year. Wilderness, and bears and stuff, but good deer around. 160 to 180, chances of a migrating monster too. I live In cody as well