Wyoming non res antelope help

Dont discount leftover draw and OTC tags. Non resident left over doe tag is 34 bucks... They may not be in the best unit with the most public land but it beats sitting on the couch. YMMV
Every tag that makes it to the leftover pool had better odds in the 1st round. Do not wait for the leftovers to put in. And think long and hard about regular vs special. Somentags had worse pointncreep AND worse odds in the special than the regular

Zingnut

FNG
I have been hunting the eastern side of WY for the past few years. I have always drawn the tag and basically called the CPO and he gave me a list of 5 ranch owners to call. Started at the top and the 3rd rancher and I discussed my thoughts on a few calls and then was granted access to his ranch for the second half of the season. They already had a group on the first week. There were antelope everywhere and it was a matter of picking which one you were interested in and start stalking. Saw a couple that may have been just shy of B&C, but through humbling stalking experiences, I was unable to get the largest ones but after some refinement was able to get a 73", with bigger dreams for the upcoming October season. The cost was a portion of our tag that the landowner needed and $100 tip per person ($300) total.

Just thought I would share...

Is the type 6 antelope tag in Wyo the antlerless/2 doe tag? A guy at the archery shop near me was telling me that Wyoming issues tags for 2 does? Im sure its in the regulations clearly but havent looked there.

805- The type 6 is usually a doe/fawn tag. They are valid for 1 animal per tag. You are allowed up to 4 doe/fawn tags. You can draw up to 2 in the initial draw.

katdaddy2013

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at lope next year also. Lots of info to digest here, thanks fellas. I have 3 preference points trying to decide whether to use them on elk or pronghorn. I've never hunted pronghorn.

JWP58

WKR

There's a link to the 2019 draw odd numbers. Just click on either non-resident or NR special. You can also go back to previous years. I'm guessing the odds are only going to get worse, with the "loss" of hunters and all.

Even as a lowly resident I have poor luck in drawing buck tags in preferred areas. So this year I chose a not so great area. I drew, got permission for a whma, and shot a decent buck opening morning.

Looking at lope next year also. Lots of info to digest here, thanks fellas. I have 3 preference points trying to decide whether to use them on elk or pronghorn. I've never hunted pronghorn.

In Wyoming preference points are species specific; so you either have 3 PP for elk or 3 PP for antelope. The PP can not be switched from one species to another.

ClearCreek

duckhunterrr

Lil-Rokslider
Send me a message and I'll let you know where we've done well (and not). I've also got a spreadsheet with all the data compiled that I don't mind sharing. I'd also take a hard look at calling landowners and paying a trespass fee. The state used to provide a list to hunters but stopped doing it a few years back (I believe it was because the ranchers were getting inundated with calls).

This website is also pretty slick for eyeballing some areas (although odds are changing):

The guys are right that it's getting tougher, but we've still whacked a dozen plus goats in the last five years.

I’ve been following this feed. Would you mind if I reach out to you as well? Thanks in advance