Wyoming Random draw vs. preference point vs. special

Z Barebow

Lil-Rokslider

ttjjpp

FNG
sorry - I mis-spoke - I did mean special draw, not special license. I was just wondering, if applying for the special draw, is truly worth the extra money. My son and good friend is right on the line of having a chance to draw, and having no chance. just trying to figure out what would be best -
thanks for your time.....

DanimalW

WKR
The special application/tag cost is also more than twice as much as the regular now. So that kind of shakes things up a lot from previous year statistics, in addition to the allocation changes.

ttjjpp

FNG
itll be interesting to see how much the increase in price affected the numbers of applicants -

DanimalW

WKR
itll be interesting to see how much the increase in price affected the numbers of applicants -
I think it will be more significant for NR general tags and easier draw units. If you’ve already been waiting and can buy a couple more points for regular and save $1000, that probably makes sense for many people. Harder to draw units it probably makes more sense financially to go special than keep buying points for the next 5-10 years and still have no idea where it will draw out at in that point in time, especially when the rules keep changing.

If you mean, it’ll be interesting to see how many people in this country are willing to spend money on elk hunting. You should already know the answer. Between $5000 rifles in hunting clothes that cost more than all your wife’s clothes and shoes put together we spend way way more Than the cost of a license. They will never run out of customers. The odds will sway a little because of the price increase. Temporarily, you’ll see better odds in the Special random drawing in lower odds in the Regular random. If you don’t look that stuff up, you won’t even notice a difference.