Wyoming Super Tag

OP
B

bayou0509

FNG
Classified Approved
That’s awesome!

So on the super rage hunts are they all DIY or is an outfitter used or at least available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You only win the tag. It is your choice to do DIY or pick any outfitter you want, but you bear the cost of outfitter if you go that route. They essentially mailed me the super tag/license and said congratulations, you can hunt any season, any unit except limited quota

OP
B

bayou0509

FNG
Classified Approved
I think it was defined as 5 or less non resident tags issued = limited quota, or something like that. It may be specific to the super tags, I'd have to dig back through emails and documents.

You only win the tag. It is your choice to do DIY or pick any outfitter you want, but you bear the cost of outfitter if you go that route. They essentially mailed me the super tag/license and said congratulations, you can hunt any season, any unit except limited quota

Cool, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jethro

WKR
I think it was defined as 5 or less non resident tags issued = limited quota, or something like that. It may be specific to the super tags, I'd have to dig back through emails and documents.
Just curious, as that didn’t sound familiar. I thought it was just moose, sheep, and bison that had such restrictions on a super tag.

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
Just curious, as that didn’t sound familiar. I thought it was just moose, sheep, and bison that had such restrictions on a super tag.
I read the same and had to look it up again to make sure it didn’t change. No mention of deer in the restrictions that I’ve been able to find.

OP
B

bayou0509

FNG
Classified Approved
I used Dustin Stetter with Stetter Outfitters. We were in the Dubois area.

ruttedup

FNG
Nice deer and congrats again man. We only saw two decent bucks this yr and both on the first day we were there. Should have shot the 165ish 5x5 but that’s a tough call on day 1 in that unit. You did great, weather just never shaped up.

manitou1

WKR
It's a single percent draw odd unit, I think people know about it already.
No, not at all. When you post something like this then when every Tom, Dick and Harry googles: "What's a good mule deer unit", this pops up... then every T,D, and H apply for it turning your single percent draw into a .0005% draw.

Thank you...

Wyo_hntr

WKR
No, not at all. When you post something like this then when every Tom, Dick and Harry googles: "What's a good mule deer unit", this pops up... then every T,D, and H apply for it turning your single percent draw into a .0005% draw.

Thank you...
I literally just searched exactly "What's a good mu.......". It would appear your gripe should be placed with a certain hunting journal publication that lists the top units every year.

Last edited:
OP
B

bayou0509

FNG
Classified Approved
Less than a single percent draw odd as non resident with 17 points. I don't believe the unit is any secret.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
A reminder unit discussion is frowned upon in all open forums on Rokslide. Yes making it easily searchable, definitely makess a difference for the next guy.

Please take all unit specific details to private messages.

Last edited: