X Impact vs Kinetic Pierce vs ...

Im currently shooting Kinetic Pierce 340 spine out of a Halon 32 at 68# with these numbers:
Total Arrow wt-443gr
278 FPS
Kin. energy 76lb/ft
13% FOC
Momentum-55lbs/sec
I am down to about 3 arrows left and am wanting to see if I should stay where I'm at or bump up the weight to around 500gr and go to a 300 shaft. My archery shop told me they are starting to see a decrease in quality coming out of gold tip since they moved manufacturing to Mexico and recommended moving to the X impact. What are yall's thoughts on these as well as any others to look at? I hunt Elk once a year and the rest of the year its deer, pigs, turkey, and javelina

Zac

WKR
X Impact is a really high tolerance shaft, although it is very fragile. I don't think you wan't to go up by much weight if your already in the 270s. The Deep Impact is a lot sturdier shaft with all the same tolerances. Victory probably has an offering in the VAP that would keep your weight about the same while allowing you to add more up front.

Sobrbiker

WKR
Interesting, my GT kinetic Pierce 340’s are 443gr at 28” w/125’s, ballistic collar and 20gr FACT weight-they’re 16.6% FOC.

marktole

WKR
You could look at the VAP TKO from Victory archery if you’re wanting to stay with a micro diameter.

They are expensive, but if that doesn’t bother you then they’re a great, tough arrow.

406unltd

WKR
I shot the plat Pierce for a few years and currently shoot x impacts and I can’t see any performance difference in any category. Both are great options. Half a grain heavier I believe on the pp. about the only difference.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Im currently shooting Kinetic Pierce 340 spine out of a Halon 32 at 68# with these numbers:
Total Arrow wt-443gr
278 FPS
Kin. energy 76lb/ft
13% FOC
Momentum-55lbs/sec
I am down to about 3 arrows left and am wanting to see if I should stay where I'm at or bump up the weight to around 500gr and go to a 300 shaft. My archery shop told me they are starting to see a decrease in quality coming out of gold tip since they moved manufacturing to Mexico and recommended moving to the X impact. What are yall's thoughts on these as well as any others to look at? I hunt Elk once a year and the rest of the year its deer, pigs, turkey, and javelina
Gold Tip has been made in Mexico for a loooong time. Your shop is trying to sell you some different arrows I think.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
T
Ended up getting the pierce platinum after talking to the owner of the archery shop. Here is the setup and I couldn’t be happier. Still gotta fine tune everything but it’s shooting paper great
Total arrow weight-475grains
FOC-14%
speed-268FPS