Xbolt 28 nosler

Just Picked up a x bolt HC stainless in 28 nosler. Was a smoking deal couldn’t pass it up. Stock is a little worn so I’m thinking of getting the stock dipped and throwing on my VX5. Just picked up some 175 ABLR today for it. If it shoots well it’ll be used for moose and elk up in Canada. Any insights on the cartridge ? From what I can see it’s quite the hot rod. Cheers!

Love my 28. Shoot the same bullet. It’s a hammer for sure. I’ve killed everything from antelope to buffalo with it. Expensive to shoot though.

flat,750x1000,075,f.jpg
I like turtles

OP
CanuckOutdoors
Love my 28. Shoot the same bullet. It’s a hammer for sure. I’ve killed everything from antelope to buffalo with it. Expensive to shoot though.
Awesome! At what ranges? A shot over 300 yards where we hunt is uncommon. Wondering how the ABLR performs on closer ranges.

Awesome! At what ranges? A shot over 300 yards where we hunt is uncommon. Wondering how the ABLR performs on closer ranges.
My dad shot a speed goat at around 100 yards and performed well. I shot a Whitetail buck at around 80 yards and hit the opposite shoulder on the way out. The blood shot area was enormous.
Killed a large bull buffalo last winter with it and it dropped him in his tracks.
Haven’t had any opportunity for real long shots but my dad shot a caribou with it at 360 yards and dropped him.

I was always a 7mm guy so it was an easy switch. I’m a huge fan of the accubond bullets too. Never failed me.
But each to his own.

OP
CanuckOutdoors
My dad shot a speed goat at around 100 yards and performed well. I shot a Whitetail buck at around 80 yards and hit the opposite shoulder on the way out. The blood shot area was enormous.
Killed a large bull buffalo last winter with it and it dropped him in his tracks.
Haven’t had any opportunity for real long shots but my dad shot a caribou with it at 360 yards and dropped him.

I was always a 7mm guy so it was an easy switch. I’m a huge fan of the accubond bullets too. Never failed me.
But each to his own.
Nice! It’s definitely expected at close ranges with that fast and hard hitting caliber. Where we hunt there’s a good chance to see some nice WT while hunting Moose. Definitely would have to watch shot placement at close ranges.