XLR Chassis for Tikka

That guy used to post in the classifieds. It was blatant that it was a business but he wasn't a sponsor. Definitely not a fan of practices like that.

Anyone with experience shooting behind this XLR chassis and the MDT Hnt26?

Are they worth the extra $$$ over KRG Bravo?

I think many (including myself) are getting the magnesium xlr or the mdt for the weight savings. Appears to be roughly 1lb or 30% lighter than KRG. Is it worthy double??? Not sure.

I think many (including myself) are getting the magnesium xlr or the mdt for the weight savings. Appears to be roughly 1lb or 30% lighter than KRG. Is it worthy double??? Not sure.
that's why i chose the xlr, if magnesium wasn't an option, i would not have ordered a chassis myself for the purpose of the rifle it's going on... if i like it as much as i assume i will, i will probably get another xlr in aluminum for my CZ 17hmr

that's why i chose the xlr, if magnesium wasn't an option, i would not have ordered a chassis myself for the purpose of the rifle it's going on... if i like it as much as i assume i will, i will probably get another xlr in aluminum for my CZ 17hmr
I’ve had mine for 18 months or so. Hunted a handful of times. Holding up well no issues. Shoots great and absorbs my mag recoil great.

I’ve had mine for 18 months or so. Hunted a handful of times. Holding up well no issues. Shoots great and absorbs my mag recoil great.
i'm looking forward to getting mine... i don't need to worry about recoil, it's going on my 6.5sitdowntopee, and it now wears a brake too :cool:

this whole project was spawned from my 12yr old daughter wanting to hunt this year, so i decided a chassis was a good way for it to fit everyone (probably 6-10 people shoot critters with my rifle every year, many of them are small statured fairly green to hunting/shooting) and i wanted zero recoil for my daughter... i'm hoping the POI is the same with and without the brake so i can take it off when i'm carrying the rifle.

i like taking new hunters and watching them kill "firsts" and rifle fit for many has been a little bit of an issue for me for several years... i'll be archery hunting blacktail this year, so the whole rifle season will be me taking others out, so it will be really handy this coming year, as well as elk and bear.... i will bear hunt with it a little, and use it calling lions, but outside that, others will be shooting stuff with it, and i'll be able to dial the rifle in and make it comfortable for everyone who uses it.... it's a cool thing, i was thinking of buying an AR in a 6.5 variant for others to use, but the XLR is a better mousetrap for my needs... i'm hoping hunting sticks with my daughter, if she likes it, i'll be getting her own rifle in an xlr and let her pick the options available, and whatever she chooses, she won't grow out of with an xlr.

• Love
Reactions: XLR

I have 2 of the XLR Element 4.0 magnesium chassis. Absolutely love em’. I use them for both hunting, and the NRL Hunter matches and they’ve been awesome.

I just got a xlr magnesium in a short mag for the 300wsm.
Ergos felt amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is your action a Tikka T3X? If so, what magazines are you using and have you had any feeding issues? I am thinking about getting my daughter an Ember in 6.5 PRC and I have considered getting an XLR chassis for it.

No feeding issues at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back