Xpg ultralight tent

WyoBowhunter21

So the girlfriend got me a 1 man xpg ultralight tent from cabelas. She put a lot of time an effort into this one just curious how the tent holds up. It looks like it's a descent one.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
WB21, I have a two person version I have owned for about 7 years or so. I usually use it when I sleep at my truck or trailhead for one night or so. I did pack it into the wilderness once when I took my kid. Nothing bad to say about them. There are better tents out there, but they generally just become lighter, but more $$$.

RUTTIN

I have the two man version also. It has been a great tent, spent 2 days in it due to a snow squall and everything inside stayed dry, only downfall is it is heavy.

ohhiitznik

It'll work just fine. It may be a little heavier than some other tents but she'll hold up + the cabelas warranty is great. If its a gift I'd say keep her happy and roll with it!

tradair1980

One of my hunting partners has had if for quite a few years and he likes it alot it holds up to rain really well! Just as most said above its heavy and bulky ..

dcestnik

I've had a few of the Cabelas tents. Could be a decent family backpacking tent. Never had any issues with mine except being heavy but light comes at a price.