Yellowstone White Alpha Female wolf was shot

Wtf you don't have to keep it you just have to report the whereabouts to FWP. I take a picture of tag punched and laying on wolf. Then call FWP that evening or when I get out of the woods. Takes all but a few minutes.
Not to start a pissing contest but I don't shoot critters if I'm not going to use them in some way. I'd like to take a wolf and tan the hide at some point.

Not to start a pissing contest but I don't shoot critters if I'm not going to use them in some way. I'd like to take a wolf and tan the hide at some point.

Well, Mtslackcountry doesn't feel that way. I'm in his camp. If legal, I'd blast, snap some pic's, check in when possible, go elk hunting. More than one problem solved by firing just one bullet. Not trying to start a peeing contest either but, in order to take a wolf's hide, you have to actually shoot the wolf wearing it. ;)

mntnguide

WKR
You could have used it to save the lives of a lot of elk for the future of your hunting. Wolves are smart and wary game animals now that they have been hunted, any chance to take one and protect elk herds should be utilized

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Billinsd

WKR
You could have used it to save the lives of a lot of elk for the future of your hunting. Wolves are smart and wary game animals now that they have been hunted, any chance to take one and protect elk herds should be utilized

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I agree and am in favor of predator control. However, if I shot a wolf I'd keep the hide at least the first one.