Yeti Discounts?

JAM7

FNG
Retailers like REI and Backcountry do sales where you can take 20% off any one item. The coupon works on Yeti Coolers. The next sale will probably be in a few weeks (around Labor Day).

Mojave

WKR
I have 2 RTICS and 1 Coho from Costco.

I'll never buy a Yeti again.

In my mind the best is Pelican, but they are full price plus plus!

Half-1/3rd the price, actual storage is what it says on the side.

The only Yet I ever had that was worth the extra $ was the Hopper. That is handy, but we never use it in the field. We are 50 miles from Costco so it mostly hauls frozen groceries.

I have 2 RTICS and 1 Coho from Costco.

I'll never buy a Yeti again.

In my mind the best is Pelican, but they are full price plus plus!

Half-1/3rd the price, actual storage is what it says on the side.

The only Yet I ever had that was worth the extra $ was the Hopper. That is handy, but we never use it in the field. We are 50 miles from Costco so it mostly hauls frozen groceries.
I have/had some RTIC tumblers that just went into the trash can. Attached pics was one of them.

Academy has Yeti Drinkware (only) for 25% off and coupled with my mil discount of 10% which stacked for a total of 35% it’s basically the cost of RTIC tumbler.

Now that I’ve compared both I won’t be buying RTIC again.

@Mojave What size is your Hopper? 18?

Attachments

• BE3485A0-CB38-43F0-B5C9-EBB1C089A00F.jpeg
    BE3485A0-CB38-43F0-B5C9-EBB1C089A00F.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 5F155F99-8DFC-4F80-A037-A795F2E21904.jpeg
    5F155F99-8DFC-4F80-A037-A795F2E21904.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 9ADA096A-9439-457A-A832-07869539D141.jpeg
    9ADA096A-9439-457A-A832-07869539D141.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 81

TheViking

WKR
I have/had some RTIC tumblers that just went into the trash can. Attached pics was one of them.

Academy has Yeti Drinkware (only) for 25% off and coupled with my mil discount of 10% which stacked for a total of 35% it’s basically the cost of RTIC tumbler.

You threw it away just because the coating was peeling?

I have multiple Yeti’s that look just like that. Still keeps my drinks cold/hot…don’t care about a little wear and tear.

Agross

WKR
I have a lot of rtic tumblers, mugs, jugs, coffee cups and not one of em has ever done that. They have been great. I have a half gallon and a one gallon that I use for drinks at work. Love em.

Mojave

WKR
It is an M30, it gets used for car trips and that is about it. As it will fit in front of a kid in the mid-row of the Sequoia.

I am not sure, but I think we got it in 2017 or 2018.

Bought at the AAFES PX in Germany when they had a Yeti 20% off discount weekend. Random thing, I don't know how you ever find out about them.

I have a mountain of Yeti kids rambler juniors. I think 9.

I also have a 30 oz Rambler Tumbler. It is not any better than the 8 other 32 oz knock off but better tumblers I bought at the AAFES Gas Station for $3 each as a close out. All of them have finish issues. They all get beat to hell.

The Yeti has a baked on type finish, and the cheapo but bigger and better one works well.

Also you can get a Rambler tumbler copy cap lid at Walmart in the fishing area for $1-2. They also happen to fit my knock of yeti ramblers.

You threw it away just because the coating was peeling?

I have multiple Yeti’s that look just like that. Still keeps my drinks cold/hot…don’t care about a little wear and tear.
@TheViking that is correct to include I dislike the lid touching my nose when taking a sip. Talking about the RTIC tumblers here for clarity sake.

If you’d like 3 used RTIC tumblers I will retrieve them from the trash and ship them to you for free if you’d pay shipping. Just let me know sir.

Haggin

Lil-Rokslider
Look at Canyon Coolers too. The have "B" stock regularly that's discounted due to being returned. I've gotten them before and have no issues and they get scratched up more riding around in the back of a pickup anyway. The "B" stocks I received had a few cosmetic issues but nothing major (note: they say you may get one with a company logo on it in their description).

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Moosejaw is running 20% off any item. Includes yeti coolers. I just ordered a 110 with the deal.

But did it come iced down with some Silver Bullets?

I have too many coolers...
Pelican 45 (i think) - thing is bomber and heavy af
Catergator 20 - just as nice as an RTIC, works fine
Canyon 105 - bought bc they were made in the US and fit my raft, now in Phillipines, nicest of the bunch
Yeti 30 - won in a drawing, nothing special compared to any of the others, except it's blue....
Yeti is bottom of the list for bang for the $

roughnecknine0

Lil-Rokslider
But did it come iced down with some Silver Bullets?

I have too many coolers...
Pelican 45 (i think) - thing is bomber and heavy af
Catergator 20 - just as nice as an RTIC, works fine
Canyon 105 - bought bc they were made in the US and fit my raft, now in Phillipines, nicest of the bunch
Yeti 30 - won in a drawing, nothing special compared to any of the others, except it's blue....
Yeti is bottom of the list for bang for the $
How would you rank all those in terms of value?

I've always wanted a rotomolded but since they're bulky and all my friends already have them I've never really needed one of my own. Thinking of getting a cheaper Igloo 100qt boat cooler for deer and then eventually getting a rotomolded for camping and such. Had my eye on Catergator due to value but curious your thoughts.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
How would you rank all those in terms of value?

I've always wanted a rotomolded but since they're bulky and all my friends already have them I've never really needed one of my own. Thinking of getting a cheaper Igloo 100qt boat cooler for deer and then eventually getting a rotomolded for camping and such. Had my eye on Catergator due to value but curious your thoughts.
The were some recent threads on the big Catergators and people seemed happy. As much as I hate to promote Chinese made stuff ROI would be hard to beat with those, though I suspect they may not hold Ice quite as well as some of the high dollar ones, fit and finish are perfect on my small one, they even have parts if needed. Would love to see someone do a heads up challenge with one, but I couldn’t find one.

Canyon is my favorite of the bunch, but it has a specific nitch for me. It wasn’t really any cheaper than the Yeti and they off shored it. Had I known it wasn’t made in the US anymore I would have just got the biggest Catergator.

If I needed another big cooler personally I’d be looking for a US made option.

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
I have a fair amount of rtic stuff and have liked almost all of it. The most recent flip in black with the smoked color lid is fair. Just does not keep stuff as cold an =d function is not to my liking. Got them on sale so for $8 each I didnt complain.. My yeti with rambler lid is a better jug but cost 3-4x

Dunndm

WKR

Who cares that some of the finish comes off? If it still works as good as a yeti or anything of that high quality isn’t that what matters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk