Yeti Panga 75 Review, By Ryan Avery

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Ryan is hard as heck on gear. We all know that. When he said he was going to test out a waterproof Yeti duffel bag I thought "that won't last long". Well, it's still going strong apparently and you can learn more about the features and benefits of the Yeti Panga 75 in Ryan's latest review.

Yeti Panga 75 Review

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like to see yeti expanding thier product line also nice to know they continue to produce a top end product. Sounds impressive for sure. I have a Cabela's product but a flap is all that protects the zipper from letting water in and without special care has let my shit get wet. Limited space in my Jeep always has me looking out for ways to put gear outside on the rack.
@RyanAvery how thick is material and did you have any sticky zipper issues due to dust or cold conditions?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I like to see yeti expanding thier product line also nice to know they continue to produce a top end product. Sounds impressive for sure. I have a Cabela's product but a flap is all that protects the zipper from letting water in and without special care has let my shit get wet. Limited space in my Jeep always has me looking out for ways to put gear outside on the rack.
@RyanAvery how thick is material and did you have any sticky zipper issues due to dust or cold conditions?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I had the Cabela's bag also and it blew apart on me after one season. I don't know the thickness of the material but its VERY durable. Here is what Yeti says about it. "ThickSkin Shell: Laminated, high-density nylon makes the Panga nearly impenetrable, inside and out. DryHaul"

Yeti sends zipper lube...:) with each bag. I just store it in the zipper pouch and use it when I think about it and never had a zipper issue. I should have put that in the review.

Last edited:

Danimal

Lil-Rokslider
Yeti stuff is very good, there are very few knock-offs that compete on the soft cooler, gear bag landscape. I think on the hard coolers there are now multiple competitors that offer comparable options at far better price points, but I will continue to buy higher end brands like Yeti for soft coolers and gear bags. Thanks for the review, Just my .02

HawkCreek

Lil-Rokslider
I just got back from a veterans program where we did a total of 17 days in the backcountry of Montana over two pack trips. They issued us the same bag. Strapped to the back of pack horses or mules all day I never saw one cut or damaged from being ran into sharp branches or rocks.
The only issue I saw at all was I thought the zipper seemed to be the weak point. I was always careful with mine but one guy did manage to rip the zipper off his bag while closing it one morning.
Definetly expensive but the ones we were issued were definetly several years old. Not sure of the warranty but as much as I love to hate on Yeti this definetly seemed to be a well made bag that lives up to the waterproof claim.

I've used a Simms Dry Creek Duffel with success for many years now. It's a roll top so I'd guess it's more waterproof than the Yeti, but is also somewhat of a PITA to get in and out of. Much cheaper than the Yeti.

Grumman

WKR
It would be nice to have a way to lock the zipper if used as a check bag. Perhaps a paracord loop through the zipper could be locked to the handle just to make it a little harder for baggage workers prying eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
It would be nice to have a way to lock the zipper if used as a check bag. Perhaps a paracord loop through the zipper could be locked to the handle just to make it a little harder for baggage workers prying eyes.

It would be nice when the TSA does there random inspection they could zip the damn thing back up:)

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I’ve got a 75 and just picked up a 50 last week. These things are the bomb. As Ryan says they are waterPROOF. You could grab onto one of these things and float yourself down any river in a pinch. I waited a long time to take the plunge, but when I saw a giant Yeti worker at a show bouncing around on a zipped up empty Panga like one of those exercise trampolines, I was sold.

HankBC

Lil-Rokslider
Hmmm.. Makes it pretty tempting. Hard to justify dropping that much when most of my crap rides in a canopy, but when I throw it in the jet boat I guess it could be worth it. I'm on my third north face bag now and they all have some form of tenacious tape and glue holding the punctures together. Always seen these bags as disposable, but if this one actually lasts...

Skrub

FNG
The north face base camp duffles are excellent alternatives as well, although not 100% waterproof.

Macchina

Lil-Rokslider
I use the North Face Base Camp duffels for work travel and hunting gear. They have been extremely durable. My work bags have been around the world many many times and still work great. Exposed in a downpour they can let a few drops in because the seams aren't sealed but they have been great.

Just got an RTIC large duffel. They're very similar to the North Face Base Camp but offered all the way up to 130L!

I pick up one of the RTIC duffles on sale, for the price you can't beat it. It riding in the back of a UTV 10 miles through Idaho will ruin anything.