You Guys have cost me so much money!

whiskeysierra762

Lil-Rokslider
This years purchases include: Sawtooth, Ti Stove, Ti Emberlit cooking stove, Ti cooking pot and spork, 2 EE 20deg quilts, 2 exped pads, Leupold Golden Ring spotter, Siri carbon fiber tripod; not to mention a Proof Research barrel for the hunting rifle.
Still going to get a EXO 5500 or Stone Glacier Sky Talus, but cant decide.
The funny thing is that this is all upgrades to gear that I already had, I just didn't know any better.
And I couldn't be happier.
Keep up the good work.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Whiskey, the good news is that with the quality of gear you purchased, it'll be years and years before you have to do this again.

This years purchases include: Sawtooth, Ti Stove, Ti Emberlit cooking stove, Ti cooking pot and spork, 2 EE 20deg quilts, 2 exped pads, Leupold Golden Ring spotter, Siri carbon fiber tripod; not to mention a Proof Research barrel for the hunting rifle.
The funny thing is that this is all upgrades to gear that I already had, I just didn't know any better.
Keep up the good work.

That's what I call a good month.

Graves14

WKR
Keep up the good work.

HAVE to is the key term there lol

and just when you think you have it all dialed in......the GIF (Good Idea Fairy) jumps up and bites...and you are broke again :D

I am dialed in every year....until I am not....:rolleyes:

rbljack

WKR
Im going to chime in here and tell you how protect your new investments. I think you should sell me the sawtooth cheap!! your going to need to protect those quilts and mats from the mice, your going to hate floorless, just get it over with and PM me with a nice discount so I can take it off your hands. Im just trying to help YOU protect your investment...LOL...

Nice set up bud! Hopefully this year I can invest in a sawtooth myself. My list of equipment upgrades besides that would be new bino's, maybe a bino harness, the stupid bright zebralight with the larger battery, charger, etc...and maybe if funds are still available I can get a Duplex frame and EMR2, but those are the last items for sure. I already have packs that will work. I REALLY need bino's this year. My current set are hardly adequate.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rokslide will convince you to buy things you never knew you needed and the most troubling part is after a couple of years you become largely desensitized to the price tags on some of these things. 2 years ago I never would have considered alpha glass and would have thought $300+ for a quilt is absurd and lordy who needs a backpack that costs more than my house payment, but I have all those and then some now. Stupid Rokslide, where good paychecks go to die. Seriously though good gear won't make you a better hunter but it sure will make you a more comfortable hunter.

Im going to chime in here and tell you how protect your new investments. I think you should sell me the sawtooth cheap!! your going to need to protect those quilts and mats from the mice, your going to hate floorless, just get it over with and PM me with a nice discount so I can take it off your hands. Im just trying to help YOU protect your investment...LOL...

Nice set up bud! Hopefully this year I can invest in a sawtooth myself. My list of equipment upgrades besides that would be new bino's, maybe a bino harness, the stupid bright zebralight with the larger battery, charger, etc...and maybe if funds are still available I can get a Duplex frame and EMR2, but those are the last items for sure. I already have packs that will work. I REALLY need bino's this year. My current set are hardly adequate.

He's right. You wanna nest.

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Rokslide will convince you to buy things you never knew you needed and the most troubling part is after a couple of years you become largely desensitized to the price tags on some of these things. 2 years ago I never would have considered alpha glass and would have thought $300+ for a quilt is absurd and lordy who needs a backpack that costs more than my house payment, but I have all those and then some now. Stupid Rokslide, where good paychecks go to die. Seriously though good gear won't make you a better hunter but it sure will make you a more comfortable hunter.
100% agree with this. At least I've learned to buy a lot of my gear used so when I resale I don't lose as much money. We're just like kids at Christmas!

Eric27

Lil-Rokslider
Isn't this a great country we live in that we have so many wonderful options and opportunities.
I love my country!! I bought a kifaru pack & trekking poles after getting on rokslide, now I'm debating on a sawtooh or nallo 2 gt

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

OP
W

whiskeysierra762

Lil-Rokslider
My sawtooth is getting 3sets of titanium tent stakes from Massdrop. And Im also probably going to get a Bearpaw net tent custom made to fit. The girlfriend is not about to sleep on the ground with the bugs.

rbljack

WKR
My sawtooth is getting 3sets of titanium tent stakes from Massdrop. And Im also probably going to get a Bearpaw net tent custom made to fit. The girlfriend is not about to sleep on the ground with the bugs.

when you get the custom nest made to fit, post some pics!! if it comes out good, im sure they may want to market that thing because if I can get the sawtooth, I will probably be looking at nest options too.

OP
W

whiskeysierra762

Lil-Rokslider
I just sent the Sawtooth to BearPaw Wilderness for the custom fitted nest. I have been quoted an estimate of $250, but we will see what he can come up with. I want the nest to work around the rear pole so that I don't lose 2ft of the back of the tent.