You went from high quality 15’s to NL Pure 12s… Get in here!

What about 12s if you are hunting 1500 yards and in?

I have 10 els and 15 slc.
But in Oregon there isn't necessarily alot of long range glassing, at least where I am.

And alot of times with the 15s im just like man everything is to close. I feel the fov is just to small
I think there is no peer to the 12x NL in western Oregon, I do like 15x slc on a tripod, but the 12x NL is a better mousetrap, the fov and crazy edge to edge of the NL makes it so effective for catching a tail flicker out of the corner of your eye (75yds from where you are focused)

12x is a compromise to me at times (stalking in on a bull in the brush close range off hand trying to find a cow that will bust me if I don’t see her) but come blacktail season on a tripod picking apart country, it’s a worthwhile compromise.

I also have some 8x30 slc I got for archery season, but again, I just don’t switch to them, because my 12x’s work fine close range, and I want them on those evenings sitting on a high point glassing long range to find elk to hunt in the morning.

I do want some 8x42 NL for archery season, and I would wearing them in September, because they will be bright in low light and it doesn’t take that much magnification to spot an elk a couple miles away, I don’t care about scoring a bull at that range, those are just missions to find elk to hunt, and there will probably be a bull around that time of year

Shraggs

WKR
mxg..

I have both swar 12 and meopta 15. They are both fantastic products.

I appreciate the extra power with the 15. I appreciate the visual fov and clarity of the 12. I’m not a trophy hunter and try to find game. Can honestly say both work for that - but no cue’s experience.

I usually let weight determine!

You seem a professional or occasionally so, not to spend your money but it might make sense for you to have both.

I should sell one, been trying to decide that for over a year snd I’m no closer to parting with either.

I did a 6 month evaluation and posted it here on the two 12s. Only reason I kept the swar is the eye relief for my prescription.

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
mxg..

I have both swar 12 and meopta 15. They are both fantastic products.

I appreciate the extra power with the 15. I appreciate the visual fov and clarity of the 12. I’m not a trophy hunter and try to find game. Can honestly say both work for that - but no cue’s experience.

I usually let weight determine!

You seem a professional or occasionally so, not to spend your money but it might make sense for you to have both.

I should sell one, been trying to decide that for over a year snd I’m no closer to parting with either.

I did a 6 month evaluation and posted it here on the two 12s. Only reason I kept the swar is the eye relief for my prescription.
Would you post a link to that review?

WRO

WKR
What about 12s if you are hunting 1500 yards and in?

I have 10 els and 15 slc.
But in Oregon there isn't necessarily alot of long range glassing, at least where I am.

And alot of times with the 15s im just like man everything is to close. I feel the fov is just to small

Only run 12s and had 15s and 8s for a while. Much prefer just running the 12s and don’t ever feel undergunned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYG

FNG
12x NLs on a tripod eliminated my need for my previous 10x's and 15x's. I've never felt l was lacking while glassing big country or too tight for the shortish to medium stuff. Clarity, FOV, ergonomics. Truly one of a kind.

pirogue

WKR
I’ve bought a couple different ELs, instead of the SLCs, but like said above, I really love my NL 12s

I own both. For Coues I still prefer the 15’s but for most anywhere else or most anything else I’d be fine with the NL’s. My situation changed with BTX and Swaro twins. The twins have for the most part replaced my need to use the 15’s so they sit in the safe most of the time. When carrying the twins I’m usually carrying the 12x NL’s but in that situation the NL’s just never see the tripod. In reality I’d be fine with my 10x EL’s and the twins but I haven’t let go of the 12’s in that situation yet.
For those reading "BBob's" comment, let me just say that I believe he knows his stuff "like nobody's business" so if he has an opinion you would be wise to consider it. Thanks Bbob!

I think there is no peer to the 12x NL in western Oregon, I do like 15x slc on a tripod, but the 12x NL is a better mousetrap, the fov and crazy edge to edge of the NL makes it so effective for catching a tail flicker out of the corner of your eye (75yds from where you are focused)

12x is a compromise to me at times (stalking in on a bull in the brush close range off hand trying to find a cow that will bust me if I don’t see her) but come blacktail season on a tripod picking apart country, it’s a worthwhile compromise.

I also have some 8x30 slc I got for archery season, but again, I just don’t switch to them, because my 12x’s work fine close range, and I want them on those evenings sitting on a high point glassing long range to find elk to hunt in the morning.

I do want some 8x42 NL for archery season, and I would wearing them in September, because they will be bright in low light and it doesn’t take that much magnification to spot an elk a couple miles away, I don’t care about scoring a bull at that range, those are just missions to find elk to hunt, and there will probably be a bull around that time of year
I'm of like mind, so when you finally do get those 8x42's be sure to let us know what you think!!