Youth Package Rifles

BCD

WKR
I bought my 13 year old the Savage Axis 2 in 243. He just killed his first deer (an 8 pointer) with it a couple weeks ago. The action is a little sloppy but it is an absolute tack driver and still a much better looking rifle than any Tikka will ever be :)

OP
H

HiMtnHntr

WKR
Buy a compact stock for your Tikka for one child to use and a used Tikka or Ruger American for the other.

Ruger is cheap & accurate but rough around the edges.

If you buy another Tikka super light and a compact stock for it, your youngster will be pretty well set for life.

I’ve been singing the praises of the Ruger American for several years. Now that I own an Tikka I see where it’s worth spending the extra money.

I'd consider that if it wasn't my wife's Tikka....

howl

WKR
The issue with the Rugers is the stock is a little squirrelly for fine accuracy but they do have LH. The Mossberg can be had with a wooden stock, but no LH. I have had a pile of Savage and learned why they're not worth the time.

I'm lefthanded. I tend to buy used Brownings. I would look for a used Micro. I understand wanting 7mm08, but it's a lot easier to buy a factory load of another cartridge that will shoot in a LH Browning than it is to find a deal on a used LH Browning.