Zamberlan Vioz opinions

saw that STP has Zamberlan Vioz in both the low and high model and from all the research i could do it sounds like it would be a good fit for me. i've got a wide forefoot and normal heel and like a roomier toe box and the vioz is supposed to be built on a wider last than most high end euro boots. i've heard the high vioz describe as a poor mans kenetrek. with a coupon they come down around $200. any opinions on the quality and fit of these boots?

T43

Lil-Rokslider
I have been wearing the 9 inch VIOZ for a few years. They do fit my wide foot better than any of the others in their lineup. I've had no issues with them and I'm tempted to get another pair at that price just to have when these are done. I probably won't because I think the pair I have will go another couple of years. Great boots

TWP

FNG
I really like mine, I have a wide forefoot, high arch and narrow heel, and they work very well.

Huntfun

FNG
I do not have a wide foot but I do need a wider toe area. I was using HanWag Alaskans and really liked the boot but my toes hurt bad after a hard day of use. I read about Zamberlan having a wider toe bed so I bought a pr of Guide 960 several years ago and liked them so much I now use only Zamberlan and own several of their models. Excellent boots!

Ruskin

WKR
i have had the vioz for 3 years. It's worked well for me. I have a wide foot and high arch. I have tender feet and end up wrapping my little digits and my head with lukatape on actual mountain days, but the extra space is nice in the toe box. boot took a little to break in, but has held up well.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't have an overly wide foot, but do have a need for a wide, roomy toe box- I see they offer a wide in the 996 Vioz GTX- does their "normal" sizing offer enough room in the toe box for someone needing roomy, or should I go wide

or should I be looking at the 960 Guide? no wide widths, but if a roomy toe box it should work

thanks

kicker338

WKR
The zamberlands might be described as a poor mans kenetrek or an equal version of an over priced boot. Either way so far I'm very satisfied with my zamberlands, bought them as a last ditch item as the sole's of my old boots started coming off opening day of season. Don't like breaking in a new boot while hunting but all went well. I got the 996 and use a short gater from cabalas which has been a good combo so far. lot's of hunting in the rain, no leaks and the funny looking sole has worked great.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ can you comment on the roominess of the toe box? do you have the regular or wide sizing?

thanks

kicker338

WKR
^ can you comment on the roominess of the toe box? do you have the regular or wide sizing?

thanks

They are a medium D my feet measure C but I wear a liner sock and a medium or heavy outer sock depending on weather rain or snow and either way my toes are not cramped. Your best bet is find a store near you that carries them and try them out

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ thanks- unfortunately no one nearby carries them, may have to order a pair to try