Zeiss conquest 8 X 42

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have a pair, I love them. I got them used here on rokslide for a steal of a deal. They have replaced my other glass as my go to all day carrying around binos.

dtm6582

FNG
They're on my list too, albeit at the very top of what I'm thinking I'll spend. Would love to hear some additional thoughts on them, especially how they compare to less expensive options, IE are they reeeaaallly worth the money (I know, impossible personal question).

W1bowo

Lil-Rokslider
They're on my list too, albeit at the very top of what I'm thinking I'll spend. Would love to hear some additional thoughts on them, especially how they compare to less expensive options, IE are they reeeaaallly worth the money (I know, impossible personal question).
+1
BB.jpg

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I paid 550.00 for mine here off the rokslide classified ads so I got an extremely good deal, before those I had a pair of vortex viper HD 10x42 (japan made) I still have them but I end up leaving them in the truck or letting my wife use them now. For me, I'm finding that I like the 8x of the conquest better than 10x, I'd never have believed it until I actually switched, I feel like I can look through them all day, I also feel that the conquest glass is a bit better than the Japanese vortex glass, if its worth 2x the price at retail, that's up to you to decide. as far as weight and feel, its a wash.

The things I dont like about the Conquest are very few, firstly, I hate the lense covers it comes with, I'd imagine I could find something to replace them but I havnt bothered yet, also the focus knob seems very easy to turn, like really really easy to turn, one guy here said he sent his to Zeiss and they fixed that for him.

Thats about it, In my opinion they are worth the asking price, but ill also add that while im not a Votex fan, I really dont have any complaints about my viper HDs.

Are they the HD model?
If so - my opinion, at full retail you might as well find some used SLC's. However if you can find them on sale or used they are excellent binos. Hard to beat for less than a grand.

I own the 10x42HD and absolutely love them. Shop around for deals. Bought mine for $689 tmd off eBay. That was a couple years ago though. I looked through a ton of other Binos in the 9-1,300$ class and settled on these as they had the best glass per my eyes and seemed to have the better reviews on birding forums as well as here.

NoWiser

WKR
I had the 10s. Great glass. I would not hesitate to buy a pair, especially the 8X.

Fantastic binoculars - particularly if you wear glasses. Maybe the best in that price range for glasses wearers. If you don't wear glasses, the stock eye cups will be too short for the eye relief and you will get blackouts if you pull them tight into your eye sockets. Zeiss made extended eyecups and they will send you a replacement pair for free if you call them. Mine took 4 days to arrive.

If you shop around and are patient, you should be able to get a pair for under $700.