Zeiss V4 4-16x44 owners

handwerk

WKR
Now that this scope has been out for a few years I'd like to hear from current/past owners on their like/dislikes.
Considering the standard Z plex reticle with ASV turret.
Thanks

Excellent scopes that are direct competitor of Leupold VX5/6 HD with more reticle options and better internals.

I currently own two V4 4-16x44s. I also have a made in Germany Conquest V6 with Schott glass but the Japanese made V4s are as good as the V6. There is a very slight improvement of the image with the V6, but it’s so subtle.

I’ve been dialing my V4s and have had no issues with RTZ. It’s always tracked with my DOPE.

I highly recommend the V4s. They are second focal plane, which is ideal for the low light hunter.

The image is large with the V4s. No “tunneling” or “paper towel roll” effect of a large border around image. Just a wide field that extends all the way to the edge.

IMG_9363.jpeg

KenLee

WKR
No issues with my v4 3-12x56.
Check Redhawkrifles.com .
Their "Demo" discounted scopes are usually new sealed in box overruns.
It's not a Leica Magnus i, but nothing under $4000 is.

Here's my analysis of my recently sold v4:
Pros:
-tracked reliably
-illuminated reticle had nice low settings
-large variety of reticle options

Cons:
-scope zoom gets very stiff in cold
-no Mil scopes available (that I could find)
-3 12-18" drops onto sand shifted the scope significantly. This was by no means a professional test but was merely something done while out shooting. It's something that other scopes have passed.

Last edited:
You folks dropping your rifles to test a scope, I hope you're not walking around with one in the chamber. If so, I'd be more concerned about the function of your safety mechanism.

270quest

WKR
Couple of 4-16x50s and a 4-16x44 - all have been spot on. One has been flat abused on my 7 rem mag over the few years. That rifle has accounted for numerous big game animals by myself and others. Scope has performed as it should and its been dialed a lot - accounted for animals from 50-634 yards.

I realize that optics and the "view" of a scope probably is low on a list of what matters as it's an aiming device, but the glass in the V4 is very bright and clear. One things I love about Zeiss that has already been mentioned is how easy they are to get behind and there is no tunnel affect. You get a wide view all the way out to the edges.