Zermatt vs Aero

bradgrace

FNG
What’s everybody’s opinion on a Zermatt Origin vs and Aero Solus actions? Trying to decide between the two.

Unckebob

WKR
I like my Origin. It was easy to work with. Even an idiot like me can assemble a rifle on their own.

I am saving for my 2nd one.

Sevens

WKR
They use the same prefits, so pick whichever has the features you’re after. If you want a straight handle with 3 lugs for shorter bolt lift and integral rail, the Areo is your huckleberry. If you want a swept bolt handle, controlled round feed, the ability to swap bolt heads and/or rails/bases, then you want the Origin.

I can’t comment on the Aero, but I love the Origin. Had one built in 308 I foolishly sold. Regretted it so much, I found a nice deal on a replacement Origin and I’m building another. They’re such a smooth feeling action. Highly recommend the Origin.

rootacres

WKR
Big fan of the Origin. The DLC coated bolt face is slick. Tool less bolt disassembly. Easy swapping bolt faces. I’ve ordered a few prefits now. Assembled everything in my basement and it shoots 1/2 minute.

Would be hard pressed to pass up trying out a nanook at the current brownells sales price for either or a lone peak Razor for a little more.

The main difference for me is that you can go with a BDL or Wyatts extended mag setup with the Origin. With the Solus you are stuck with an AICS/AIAW setup.

Pdm25150

FNG
No experience with the Aero but spent some time with a Zermatt Origin. Friend used some of my tools for building one in .308 and let me shoot it. I really like it thinking I will order one in future.

I have had an origin for awhile and now I’ve got a rifle built on a solus. They are both great for the money, street prices of solus’s definitely come in cheaper. Origin is smoother but that’s not to say the solus isn’t a smooth action. Bolt lift is surprisingly light on the solus for a 60 degree. Different feature sets but I wouldn’t hesitate to buy either. If I could only choose one and I didn’t care about a couple hundred dollars for the actual street price difference I’d probably go with the origin but there’s no reason to avoid the solus unless you really want controlled round feed or a mechanical ejector.

MThuntr

WKR
I'm kicking myself for not snagging a Solus action from Midway last week. They had 1 for 650 I wanted to build a 22GT. The local FFL was closed and when I finally got ahold of him they were sold out.

I'm kind of biased toward the Zermatt because I like the ability to swap bolt heads so I could tinker and then get bored and build something else and not have to change much.