Zombie deer - crazy trail cam video!

MTtrout

WKR
What's it have to do with hunting?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
This is a hunting forum, right? So was just guessing the folks looking at these post are into hunting... Obviously we don’t know what happen to that buck but I would wager it was from a perfectly places graze wound. My dad once shot a buck and when we walked up to it, it had a very similar opening all the way down its side and full of infection. Perhaps this is a video that’s better to text your friends and not post on the internet.

Poser

WKR
I figure if we can put people on the moon, someone could photoshop that deer wound...but that’s just an opinion.

That’s not “photoshop” type work. That’s advanced film editing using software that costs tens of thousands of dollars. If that same sequence were being used in a film, it would cost some money to have that same editing work done. If this is edited, it wasn’t done by someone who edits hunting clips for YouTUbe content. Way out of their skill set and budget range. This would be work much more on the scale of a 100 million dollar, James Cameron movie type production budget.

This footage is real.

That’s not “photoshop” type work. That’s advanced film editing using software that costs tens of thousands of dollars. If that same sequence were being used in a film, it would cost some money to have that same editing work done. If this is edited, it wasn’t done by someone who edits hunting clips for YouTUbe content. Way out of their skill set and budget range. This would be work much more on the scale of a 100 million dollar, James Cameron movie type production budget.

This footage is real.

Yeah...still not convinced.
Not even a hint of a limp, with all that muscle, ripped out of that deers back.

OP
Finch

Finch

WKR
That’s very disturbing and unfortunate you think it’s good to spread garbage like that on the internet. I hope someone new to hunting or curious about it doesn't watch it. Disrespectful

Disrespectful? You're reaching a bit there don't you think.

I thought it showed how crazy determined these critters are to survive. One theory I've read was maybe a tractor combine or similar piece of equipment got him as he was standing his ground bedded down.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Hard to tell in a video due to the lack of 3D perception, but it looks like the scapula is winged out, which would be consistent with a damaged/destroyed rhomboid. It would still be possible for some of the rhomboid to be intact, helping maintain function. The Levator Scapulae would remain intact. Pretty much all the other scapular muscles attach forward on the rib cage and leg. I'm basing this off of human anatomy, so I could be missing something.

Blunt avulsion injuries don't always bleed much as the tearing follows the facia and few blood vessels are transected.

The wound looks very fresh, making it more likely that compensation mechanisms have not had time to be exhausted. The movement of the avulsed skin would represent an amazing attention to detail for a fake.

I have seen function remain with some crazy injuries in people (I have also seen function lost with what appears to be a minor injury), so I can believe that this is real.

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
Kind of blurry pic but similar not as bad of an injury. Have a lot of yotes running deer together here I figured they tried to take this one down

Attachments

• Resized_STC_0177_72943318622854.jpg
    Resized_STC_0177_72943318622854.jpg
    811.1 KB · Views: 69
Here's a picture of coyote damage that the animal recovered completely from. Also had a gaping hole in the throat it was breathing from. Had another animal that was missing a 7"×7" section from its side that the rumen was hanging out of, that one got wrapped in vet wrap, she made a complete recovery as well.

This one is fresh, that's why it's still bleeding. After a few days they glaze over similar to what was in the video.

Hopefully thumbnail isn't so big incase you don't care to see it.
IMG_20200509_145138875.jpg

Few days later,
IMG_20200513_170614101.jpg

4 weeks later,
IMG_20200611_202539538.jpg

This animal was treated with antibiotics, only a single heavy dose initially, then two moderate follow up doses. It was brought into a environment that made it more likely to be infected than had it been out in the open. The time of year it happened maggots were the biggest concern. This animal was missing it's back ham down to the bone, the rectal tract was still fortunately intact. I think this injury is more severe than what is shown in the video, granted the animal didn't make a complete recovery on its own, but I suspect it could have. These are domestic animals that don't have the survival drive of wild animals, and they are sheep, they just like to die anyways.

The state the above deer is in is past a period of likely infection.

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
i dont know if its real or not, but i dont believe its as hard to fake as people believe. do a search of deepfakes. They can now be done quickly on iphones... Technology is amazing

This footage is real.

Elk97

WKR
Can't comment on whether it's fake or not, seems like anything is possible these days. The question I have is why is there no other visible damage to the surrounding area. Hide looks perfectly normal all around the wound, no tufts of hair missing, etc. Looks like it was done with surgical precision so I'm having a hard time pinning it on predators or any kind of vehicle /machinery accident. If real, deer just went way up in my ranking of tough animals.