Slick tricks question

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
I have been shooting mechanicals for the last few years, strictly for tuning issues I have had with some fixed blades. The other day I pulled out a handful of old slick tricks I had lying around and gave them a shoot. I shot 3 arrows with rage practice heads and 3 with my slick tricks. at 60 yards with the rage I grouped nice and tight. with the slick tricks I was easily 12 inches low left.

I shoot a whole pile but I am no bow/arrow tech by any means. Do you guys figure its a bow out of tune, arrow out of tune or slick tricks don't group great at longer distances.

In a perfect world I would like to have a quiver with 3 fixed and 2 mechanicals both shooting the same. funds are a little tighter this year and its to late for me to try new fixed heads but for next summer I would like to be shooting fixed.

little background. I shoot a 300 spine VAPs with three 2.1 inch fusions on the back with a helical, coming out of a 70lb Mathews halon 6.

Thanks for the help

Cheers

ahlgringo

WKR
yeah, its probably out of tune a bit. I shoot a similar set up, vaps 250 with 3 helical blazers out of a 80lb elite synergy. I get my slick tricks right with fp's and mechanicals out to 70 yds. Took a lot of tinkering though. I would walk it up a bit to maybe 30 yds and see the difference and then start tuning from 20 or 30. I would guess its a fraction of rest windage and elevation that is needed.

I am assuming you have spin tested your slick tricks? if they group together but off of fp's thats probably not the issue.

OP
R

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
yeah, its probably out of tune a bit. I shoot a similar set up, vaps 250 with 3 helical blazers out of a 80lb elite synergy. I get my slick tricks right with fp's and mechanicals out to 70 yds. Took a lot of tinkering though. I would walk it up a bit to maybe 30 yds and see the difference and then start tuning from 20 or 30. I would guess its a fraction of rest windage and elevation that is needed.

I am assuming you have spin tested your slick tricks? if they group together but off of fp's thats probably not the issue.

Thabks for help. That’s kind of what I think too. I have spun them to make sure they spin true and they are fine. I wasn’t sure if I needed a little more steering power at the back end but it’s good to here that your getting your BH shooting well with similar setup.

I will tinker with them once the season is over. Only a few more weeks till the opener!! Can’t wait.

I would try adjusting your nocking point. I have been tuning several bows over the past couple weeks and the slick trick is one of the easier broadheads to tune to field point. If you want to make adjustments I would lower your nock point. That might clean up your horizontal also. Just tuned a .298 spine arrow out of a 77# destroyer that was using the 2" fusion vanes. I would think you could get it dialed in fairly well.