Slick Trick broadhead problem...

Matt G.

WKR
I will need to check my 4 pack I recently purchased. I

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Matt G.

WKR
My pack is crap. Bent thread part of ferrule and bleeder blades don't fit flush causing the space issue
9d118b6deff4dbcf5caf6655ffd01ea1.jpg
b23a2fbda5278a812ecb23b432047884.jpg

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
Sure am glad I just came back from my friend who owns an archery shop, with a package of Magnus 4 blade stingers. He even tuned them up to my arrows.
Slick Trick had sent me an email about selling me their broadheads. I guess I can go ahead and delete their email now. I won't plan on buying any.

wgrkman

FNG
This thread made me go grab the new 3 pack of viper trick SS heads I bought a month ago. Looks like all 3 of mine have the same small space in my easton axis arrows with HIT inserts.

I called customer service and they said it is a design change and that this will keep constant pressure on the blades. The O ring spacer is being held in place and everything seems tight. They spin true but this space does have me a bit sketched out.

Im going to try to get out and shoot them tomorrow. I have been shooting my old ones and they have been flying very well so we shall see.

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
This thread made me go grab the new 3 pack of viper trick SS heads I bought a month ago. Looks like all 3 of mine have the same small space in my easton axis arrows with HIT inserts.

I called customer service and they said it is a design change and that this will keep constant pressure on the blades. The O ring spacer is being held in place and everything seems tight. They spin true but this space does have me a bit sketched out.

Im going to try to get out and shoot them tomorrow. I have been shooting my old ones and they have been flying very well so we shall see.
If you believe that story, good luck. I think they are lying their way out of their faulty design.

HoytHntr4

WKR
If you believe that story, good luck. I think they are lying their way out of their faulty design.
Agreed, why would the do a design change to a problem that never existed in the millions of viper tricks that have been sold. I’m tempted to also call them and if the tell me the same BS I’ll ask for documentation from them going through that design change, that kind of change has a paper trail on their end for sure

Jethro

WKR
Chances are they’ll fly excellent. I haven’t heard of anybody that has experienced the Viper Trick gap say arrow flight has suffered. Myself included. IMO though, that design change weakens the working end of the arrow. For that reason I moved on from the VT.

WCB

WKR
Agreed, why would the do a design change to a problem that never existed in the millions of viper tricks that have been sold. I’m tempted to also call them and if the tell me the same BS I’ll ask for documentation from them going through that design change, that kind of change has a paper trail on their end for sure
yeah because a company is going to send you internal communication about engineering on their products...

HoytHntr4

WKR
yeah because a company is going to send you internal communication about engineering on their products...
You might have missed the point I was trying to make that such documentation doesn’t exist, it’s just the excuse they’re trying to roll with to cover their flaws in manufacturing

Fullfan

WKR
Have the same issue. 125 gn viper tricks.

Called them and was told that is normal. Umm I don’t think so. The mail blade is loose. Sent an e mail. See how this turns out

Attachments

• 5CB638C2-0809-487D-AA25-8A0FC1071623.jpeg
    5CB638C2-0809-487D-AA25-8A0FC1071623.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 17

TheTone

WKR
True or not, they’ve been sticking to that same story for at least two years.
Yep, I was so close to ordering some vipers but looks like the gap is still a thing. There is no way it’s as good as they used to be when they sat flush

Anyone know if this is an issue with the standards/magnums also? I loved the magnums for some smaller critters

LostArra

WKR
Have the same issue. 125 gn viper tricks.

Called them and was told that is normal. Umm I don’t think so. The mail blade is loose. Sent an e mail. See how this turns out
This is interesting. With my VT heads that showed a gap (smaller than photo) both blades were tight and secure. Arrow flight was not affected, as expected with Slick Tricks.
Two elk and one hog died in recent seasons with VT and had no comment on the gap which I closed with an o-ring, actually an orthodontic elastic. The heads were beat up afterwards so I trashed them.

Does anyone know if this gap business is showing up on other Slick Tricks or just the Vipers?

I'll probably use up the remainder of my Vipers simply because they are effective but not buy more if folks are experiencing loose parts. It's disappointing that such an iconic head is going this direction.

(Sometimes I have noticed loose metal shavings in the ferrule slots where the blades are placed. Cleaned out with a toothpick. I wonder if that could be the reason the blade was loose as it couldn't get seated properly. Regardless, poor QC and disappointing.)

>>With so many great broadheads out there,why use one that is questionable?<<
Very true.

Isn’t Slicktrick now owned by the same company that owns Rage broadheads? Just sayin…….🤣
No, but they were purchased by a different group and quality has definitively gone downhill. Once I lose my remaining old stock slick tricks I’m switching

Slick trick is owned by The Outdoor Group
Rage is owned by Feradyne, which is complete garbage

Thanks for the clarification on who owns Rage and Slicktrick. I thought they were owned by the same conglomerate. An old dog can learn new tricks! 😂

Matt G.

WKR
They are sending me a new pack of heads. We will see.