Trophy Taker Option Sight

LJ Buck

WKR
Is the Sight worth the Price tag of $550? It is american made which I like.

I know if you custom out a spot hog you can get closeto that price.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its a pretty nice sight. I got to play with it a little at ATA. I didn't get to shoot it though. There will be a "non-american" made version that will be cheaper.

OR Archer

WKR
Haven't seen it in person yet. We do have a couple of them on order for the shop. I like the concept of it. Being its a Trophy Taker product I know it'll be well made. But for the price I have a really hard time justifying it when there are other really good sights for much less.

InDeep

WKR
Haven't seen it in person yet. We do have a couple of them on order for the shop. I like the concept of it. Being its a Trophy Taker product I know it'll be well made. But for the price I have a really hard time justifying it when there are other really good sights for much less.

I agree with this ^^^^

I am trying so hard not to buy one. The only thing keeping me from ordering one is the fact that the housing is stationary. So depending on your bow speed you can probably only sight the mover in to 70-100 yards

I agree as well^^^ $550 is a steep price tag.

OP
L

LJ Buck

WKR
Other version is 349 I saw today .

I dont believe that those will be in stock until July. Not sure I want to switch a sight that late in the year and it is also not USA made.

MattB

WKR
$550, and $349 for that matter, are simply above the amount I would pay for a sight.

boom

WKR
I am trying so hard not to buy one. The only thing keeping me from ordering one is the fact that the housing is stationary. So depending on your bow speed you can probably only sight the mover in to 70-100 yards

i just watched the video. kinda confused. since the sight guard is stationary, you have a moveable pin that covers the exact same distances the fixed pins cover..no? you just move the fixed pins to get a clear sight picture, but from what i can tell, you are sliding it the same range as the fixed pins.

i dont get it. i like my 3pin with slider..cuz my last pin moves to new distances not already covered. DISCLAIMER..i could be missing something.

HOWEVER, that 3rd axis is brilliant!! i love the idea of moving just the bubble and not swinging the entire sight housing. that way the bow still looks nice and square everywhere..mine is visually "off"..i can tell, just barely with the naked eye.

i just watched the video. kinda confused. since the sight guard is stationary, you have a moveable pin that covers the exact same distances the fixed pins cover..no? you just move the fixed pins to get a clear sight picture, but from what i can tell, you are sliding it the same range as the fixed pins.

i dont get it. i like my 3pin with slider..cuz my last pin moves to new distances not already covered. DISCLAIMER..i could be missing something.

HOWEVER, that 3rd axis is brilliant!! i love the idea of moving just the bubble and not swinging the entire sight housing. that way the bow still looks nice and square everywhere..mine is visually "off"..i can tell, just barely with the naked eye.

Yes you have it right.> The single pin travel is the exact same as if you were just using the fixed pins. The pins flip out of the way only to avoid clutter.

Vandal 44

WKR
I was at the Trophy Taker Shop a few weeks ago and spent sometime with this sight. When I first saw the Option Sight in adds it looks to be very heavy, its not, the weight of the sight is suprisingly lite. The way the Option Sight slides is silky smooth. The 3rd axis is awesome.

If you put the single pin at the bottom of the other pins the one that used for the slider so you would make it your 60 yard pin, I believe a person could shoot out 120 to 130 yards depending on speed and vane height. If you use the slider pin for your 20 yard pin (top pin) then it would not be as effective in my opinion. This sight is very versatile, I was surprised at how much my sight picture opened up with just one pin you see so much more of the target.

The overall quality the sight is amazing, but like others have said $550 for a sight is a lot money.

boom

WKR
^^^thanks!
That's just it. On my large guard spot hogg I didn't have much room below my 60 pin. With my 80 I had a 1/4 inch to my bubble.
This TT looks like a small guard. No?

I've decided I'm just gonna order one of the new spott hogg double pins. I think that will be perfect for how I shoot

Craig4791

WKR
Anybody pick one up? I don't see where a tight spot would mount? am I missing something? Or do they just want you to run their quiver...?

Anybody pick one up? I don't see where a tight spot would mount? am I missing something? Or do they just want you to run their quiver...?

I have an Option 8 head with 4 fixed and a floater.

They have a separate plate that mounts onto the sight for quivers. I'll get a picture of my bow in a few hours when I get to work.

3cfc0a6d3d507a0d5294378a20711b20.jpg

18c5da4988778f15ffbf4c010de1fffe.jpg

Ive run the Hogg Father and Tommy Hogg the last 5 years and I went with the Option 8 this year and I would say it's a massive upgrade. It isn't as heavy as my Hogg Father and it's built just as well. The two in one capability is worth it to me. I shot an elk one weekend with the fixed pins and next weekend shot an antelope doe with the slider. I think it's one of the most ingenious developments in the hunting archery world in a long time. Then again you could argue the same about the Quivalizer which I'm also thoroughly impressed with.