Trophy Taker Option Sight

I haven't played with multiple peep sizes, my guess is if you went with a large peep and run the sight as far out as you can it'd fit. I come from a rifle hunting background so I always put the pin I want in the middle of the sight and shoot. Eye shoot with both eyes open so seeing the bubble no problem for me.

My setup is still in the refinement stage (bought my bow used, so I still need to play with peep size draw length and make up some arrows for it) but so far I really like the sight. One really nice advantage to it is that the 20-60 yard pins never change. Something like Axcels new sight, the whole housing moves which leaves the situation open for practicing long range and forgetting to move the sight back to its starting position causing you to shoot over your target when something comes in close. Here's a couple pics of mine.
uploadfromtaptalk1461965311131.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1461965414623.jpg

jb79

WKR
Just got my option 8 custom from s and s and will say I am loving the sight BUT I am a little disappointed that because I am LH they didn't bother machining new part just flipped one over so the the arrows don't line up with arrow on the micro adjustments!
d3d4c412acf93c2a8c9189ca0071e845.jpg
ac579be75b89ab61465a3ff6b8e0f0de.jpg

For what a guy pays for the sight they could have took the time to do it right!

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just got my option 8 custom from s and s and will say I am loving the sight BUT I am a little disappointed that because I am LH they didn't bother machining new part just flipped one over so the the arrows don't line up with arrow on the micro adjustments!
d3d4c412acf93c2a8c9189ca0071e845.jpg
ac579be75b89ab61465a3ff6b8e0f0de.jpg

For what a guy pays for the sight they could have took the time to do it right!

Not gonna lie..thats disappointing.. Sorry man!

jb79

WKR
Couldn't be happier with you guys, you gave great and truthful advice and that's hard to find from retailers.
Does it effect the function of the sight, probably not. Is it disappointing that a company selling a high end site cheaped out, hell ya!

weedwacker42

Lil-Rokslider
That's no good, man. I have the Option 6 Platinum, also LH, and just double checked and mine appears the way it should. Maybe a factory error?I agree it won't effect the use, but you did pay a lot for it. Might be worth a call to TT?

jb79

WKR
That's no good, man. I have the Option 6 Platinum, also LH, and just double checked and mine appears the way it should. Maybe a factory error?I agree it won't effect the use, but you did pay a lot for it. Might be worth a call to TT?

Thanks for the heads up! Just got off the phone with TT and they screwed up and are sending me a new windage dial for a left handed sight.
Great customer service and apologetic which was nice to see.

mrgreen

WKR
I'm bringing this back up to see if anyone has any more field use. I'm thinking about upgrading my sight. The Option seems to be the only one that is a 'true' fixed & slider system.

Thanks.

BartG

Lil-Rokslider
A couple of seasons later... how have they held up? Everyone still liking them?

Awesome!! Only thing I would switch to is a pure single pin axcel. But the option fits my needs better. Totally bullet proof. 2nd axis adjustment isn't the easiest to set but once locked in you're good to go.

Capt Jims

FNG
I received my Option 8 with 4 fixed and the floater. I literally bolted it on, set the second and 3rd axis, walked out back, fired 1 arrow into my block target using the floating pin ALL the way to the top. At 5yds it was a little right and about 10" high. I raised the sight 4 clicks and moved it right 2, fired 2 more arrows and it had moved to 8" high and maybe 1/2" right. I moved back to my 20yds spot with the floater ALL the way to the top. The picture tells the story the 4 to the right are same setting, the arrow to the left was a 3 click adjustment. I CANNOT tell you haw impressed I am so far with this sight. Rob at S&S Archery delivered in more was than I can express. Only thing I can say I was not impressed with was how far the second and third axis was off. Other than that, I do not see me changing out this sight any time soon. With a 30" DL I have no issue with the oval sight through my peep sight as many have expressed a concern about. I will try to take a spare peep and make it more of an oval shape to see if the remotely makes a difference. I'll be taking it out to the CCSP Range here in Las Vegas Sunday Morning to finish sighting it in. A final note is I now have 2 spare Spot Hogg LH sights if anyone is interested.

View attachment 49860