Arrow spine

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Fellas,
I’ve been shooting Easton axis arrows for several years and have been happy with them. I’ve always used a 340 spine but was considering bumping up to a 300 spine for the extra gpi. I shoot a Mathews Halon 32 with 70lb limbs maxed out and a 28” draw length. My arrows are cut to 29” and I use a 100 gr broadhead. Would I be overspined by going to a 300? Is it even worth changing? The Easton arrow chart shows me at a 340 preferably. I appreciate any help anyone could provide.
Brian

Boreal

WKR
I don’t think I’d change spine for a few extra grains. Accuracy trumps everything else, and if you and your bow put the arrow where it’s supposed to be, then stick with that. If you want to try the stiffer arrow, try them uncut, with a heavier broadhead.

I’m shooting VAP TKO 300, 31” on a 70lb Hoyt Carbon Defiant maxed with 29.5 draw and 125 gr broadheads. That puts me right on the dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t think I’d change spine for a few extra grains. Accuracy trumps everything else, and if you and your bow put the arrow where it’s supposed to be, then stick with that. If you want to try the stiffer arrow, try them uncut, with a heavier broadhead.

I’m shooting VAP TKO 300, 31” on a 70lb Hoyt Carbon Defiant maxed with 29.5 draw and 125 gr broadheads. That puts me right on the dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess my question is, will my accuracy suffer?

PMcGee

WKR
I'd go with the 300's. 340's would be weak.
I ran the numbers on archers advantage. 340's are to weak. 300's are slightly weak at 29". At 28" you're good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
C

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for the help. The archery shop I went to was adamant I would be way overspined and even tried to steer me towards the 400s.