Favorite Kryptek pieces

WoodsWalker270

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to diversify my hunting clothing and want to know what Kryptek pieces you guys recommend. Probably pick up a Cadog softshell. How does raingear compare to other brands?

marktole

WKR
I've got a fair amount of Kryptek. Easily my favorite piece is tbe Dalibor II jacket, it's perfect imo. Has a hood, pit zips, great to wear alone, and easy to layer under. I've also got the Valhalla top, which I really like having to wear over a merino wool shirt, worked very nicely in September this past season. The Helios top is great for warmer weather stuff. I really like their pants until below the knee. I had a pair of Valhalla and now have a pair of Ragnars, both fit really well, are stretchy, very comfortable. My problem is the bell bottoms on the pants. The taper starts right about the knee and then the bottom of the pant leg is huge. It easily catches on brush and stalks which gets to be a PITA. I'm sure a pair of gaiters would remedy the situation, but I've yet to try it.

As for their rain gear, I just picked up the Koldo jacket on their Black Friday sale, but haven't had a chance to use it. It's the first "nice" rain jacket I've ever bought so I can't compare it against any others really. The price point on Black Friday for a 3 ply waterproof jacket was nice compared to Sitka or First Lite though!

Oh, and out of all my Kryptek gear, the thing that far and away gets the most use is the buff. Great little thing for a face mask/neck gaiter/bandana thing. Hope this helps in deciding what to get!

mrgreen

WKR
I've got the Aegis system. It's kept me warm and dry during some pretty nasty late season whitetail weather. I've been using it about three seasons now, couldn't be happier. I will point out that the outer material does show some small tears from tracking through thorny underbrush. No sign of insulation coming out, though.

Tsnider

WKR
archery

i LOVE the Ragnar pants and Valhalla long sleeve. i have had the Koldo set for a few years and its a solid kit. The pants ill probably leave behind this next season due to the weight but we will see. the Krypton gloves are good but fray really fast, after a few days they look like theyre a month old.

the wicking short sleeve shirt they sell is awesome too, i kept that around for the hot days this year. ill be buying more for next season because im a big fan of their gear. will be getting stuff for the colder days.

Have quite a bit of Kryptek gear between the girlfriend and I. She wears lots of men's xtra-small, since women's camouflage is pretty limited. We both have Aquillo down coat (very nice, extremely packable), Koldo rain jackets (not the lightest, but tougher than the lightweight, packable stuff), I wear the Alaios pants (love) and the girlfriend wears the Valhalla pants, we also have miscellaneous gear such as hats, beanies, etc. Overall, we've been very happy, and will no doubt be buying more.

Titan_Bow

WKR
I've got quite a bit of Kryptek. For elk and early season, Valhalla pants and the merino hoplite long sleeve. The pants are really comfy to me, but being so light weight, they are not the most durable. I just g the Kratos 2 which I really like, will make a great warmth layer. I've had the Koldo set the longest. It is bulkier than a lot of other rain gear, but I've been pretty hard on it and it's held up. This year I got the Vellus fleece set for later season whitetails. I really like it a lot. You have to wash it a couple times though otherwise it sounds like a leather motorcycle jacket LOL. However after 2 washes following the tags instructions, it is super quiet. Waterproof, wind proof fleece? Who could ask for more!

mrgreen

WKR
Which pants do you think would hold up well bushwacking? I'm often trying to find areas other hunters don't bother to go. Typically I'll wear Carhartts with a pair of leafy pants over them. But I'd rather streamline that.

marktole

WKR
Alaois probably. My buddy has a pair of those and they're a little thicker material than the Ragnar and Valhallas.

Just got some pieces a couple weeks ago, first time trying them. The Ragnar pant is very comfortable, and I took it in the woods last week for an all day hunt. Didn't want to take it off, but it got its first blood on it! :)
As was mentioned, it requires gators because it is like a pair of bell bottoms... Don't like that so much. So far I have about 20 hours in the Krypton gloves and Kiska beanie. Both are my favorite. I have not seen any durability issues yet as another member mentioned. The beanie is snug and comfy. The Hoplite Merino top is very comfy as well. So far, I am looking forward to trying more of their pieces.

Skickat från min E5823 via Tapatalk

I love my Vidar vest. It goes on every hunt with me. From sept till January. I even lug it with me in spring gobbler. It's just a nice insurance policy if the temp drops. I may not need it but it's in my pack.

I have a lot of Kryptek pieces and when I get to a regular computer I'll give a bit more detail of what I have. What I like and don't like about each price. If you would like. Over all I'm a fan but like everything there are some things I would change about some items.

bobbyrowman

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody used the anorak? I have an older Swazi jacket that is great for the ugly pnw coastal forests and goat hunts, but it's seen better days. The anorak looks very similar and I'm wondering if anyone has hands on experience with it.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Titan_Bow

WKR
Anybody used the anorak? I have an older Swazi jacket that is great for the ugly pnw coastal forests and goat hunts, but it's seen better days. The anorak looks very similar and I'm wondering if anyone has hands on experience with it.

I don't have the Anorak but I do have the Vellus jacket and pants, which are made of the same fabric. The waterproof, wind proof, insulated fleece used in the Vellus is very warm. I've been using the set when tree stand hunting November whitetails and it was good for that. I was riding my mountain bike back into a river bottom and even in temps near zero, I had to carry the Vellus stuff so I wouldn't be sweaty. I'm not sure if the Anorak has less insulation or not, but if it's the same, then I'd say this is really meant to be a cold weather piece. I'm going to be chasing rabbits in snow shoes next week with my son and will be donning the Vellus for that as well.

bobbyrowman

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have the Anorak but I do have the Vellus jacket and pants, which are made of the same fabric. The waterproof, wind proof, insulated fleece used in the Vellus is very warm. I've been using the set when tree stand hunting November whitetails and it was good for that. I was riding my mountain bike back into a river bottom and even in temps near zero, I had to carry the Vellus stuff so I wouldn't be sweaty. I'm not sure if the Anorak has less insulation or not, but if it's the same, then I'd say this is really meant to be a cold weather piece. I'm going to be chasing rabbits in snow shoes next week with my son and will be donning the Vellus for that as well.
Thanks dude, guess it's not really ideal for being on the move.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
Just saw this as I was looking for a review on the Ragnar pant. I’m Comparing it to the Sitka Mountain pant. Any opinions?

I’ve got a lot of Kryptek and Sitka stuff (easily 20 pieces of each brand) and half a dozen items from UA. But I don’t have a good lightweight, quiet and durable pant. I ruled out UA as the items are too loud. Would love for people to let me know their thoughts or experiences between the Sitka and Kryptek. Thanks.