Sitka Core Midweight or Peloton 200 Zip-T

JoMa

Lil-Rokslider
I'm thinking of adding a mid-layer for my Oct-Nov. rifle deer/elk hunts in Idaho. I already have base layers, heavy weight hoody, and puffy. Sometimes the heavy weight hoody is a little on the hot side, so I'm looking for some feedback on some midweight zip-T's. Any experience on the Sitka core midweight and KUIU Peloton 200? Am I better off adding another lightweight shirt over my base layers? Thanks!

KurtR

WKR
The sitka quarter zip mid is my favorite shirt it isn't too hot and will keep me warm when active to the mid 30's

KurtR

WKR
It dries fast the polygene works good for me at not stinking. Wore it all of last year like it so much got a couple solids for every day wear

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I recently scored a peloton 200 hooded quarter zip and I really like it, Im actually surprised how much I like it. Id never given the hooded tops a thought but ended up with one in a trade, Its a very functional piece of gear. I was out last night and I took the peolton 97, the peloton 200 and then a puffy. I was all set.

I'm thinking of adding a mid-layer for my Oct-Nov. rifle deer/elk hunts in Idaho. I already have base layers, heavy weight hoody, and puffy. Sometimes the heavy weight hoody is a little on the hot side, so I'm looking for some feedback on some midweight zip-T's. Any experience on the Sitka core midweight and KUIU Peloton 200? Am I better off adding another lightweight shirt over my base layers? Thanks!

A more apples to apples fabric weight comparison is the Sitka Traverse vs. the Kuiu Peleton 200 and in my opinion the Peleton can't hang due to the total lack of features and baggy fit.

AlaskaEd

WKR
I have had both the Sitka and Kuiu midweights and kept the Sitka. Better material feel, felt more durable, and nice small details on the Sitka. Had both lightweights as well and the Sitka blows the Kuiu out of the water on that one for sure.

warrior80

WKR
I have all of the Kuiu Peloton and Sitka Core. I would definitely disagree that the Sitka blows the Kuiu out of the water. Peloton 200 hoodie would be a great addition to your system. It is a great midlayer. Sitka midweight is nice too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
J

JoMa

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like either one would be a good option. How do they hold up from a durability standpoint?

sr80

WKR
i would say that the peloton is warmer than the mid core from sitka. I would rate them as sitka mid core, peloton 200 and then the core heavy weight as far as warmth goes. I like the mid core , but its a pain to layer with the heavy core over top, the two materials stick together like velcro, and its a pain to get on the heavy over top. I use core t, light core hoody and the heavy core then either the mountain or the timberline jacket, works well for me in BC.