First Lite - gear you wish they would make!

-Figure out sizing. Other brands I buy medium, everytime. First Lite, some small pieces fit big, some medium pieces fit tight. I usually have to buy two sizes and send one back.

Look at when they designed each piece. The old stuff will run big. Everything new seems to run about the same as standard t-shirt sizing, but they have also shortened up the new stuff.

Kulshan

Lil-Rokslider
To each his own I guess. QUOTE]

Totally agree

I don't care for the short cut length on the long underwear because i have big calves and my socks ride down while the LU rides up... but the industry seems to be going with the short length.

dotman

WKR
Like someone else stated, full zip off base layer bottoms. They are so nice to have and make so much sense, I am not sure why FL or Sitka don't make them.

I agree I wish they had these so I didn’t have to buy them from kuiu.

twall13

WKR
I agree I wish they had these so I didn’t have to buy them from kuiu.

That's the only item I own from Kuiu and I'd much rather buy them from First Lite. The feel against the skin is night and day difference between the Aerowool and Kuiu's merino blend fabric. Maybe it's the printing process but the Kuiu is stiff and scratchy compared to the First Lite. I really hope First Lite makes some of these eventually.

Poser

WKR
To each his own I guess. I love the zips offs and find them very convenient. This past year I found myself zipping them off around 10 everyday, and it was a big plus that I didn't have to take off my boots. For elk hunting, I will never own a pair without the zip off system again. The extra zipper weight is so minute, and I would argue that its a much bigger pain to take off a set of bottoms without zippers then with them.

X2. I think the Kuiu design was well thought out to make the pants "capris" to offset for the zipper weight. Having to take off boots, gaitors and pants in order to take baselayers off (or put on) is a real pain in the ass. Since I got the zip offs, I haven't used any other baselayer bottoms for any outdoor activity. I've also slept in them many times and never found the zipper to be uncomfortable.

I wish they’d make a pair of leafy-wear pants to go with the Phantom leafy jacket and Baklava! WTH? I’ve been inquiring for 2 years already. “We may, some time in the future.” It’s a GREAT system but it sux only being 3/5 covered. Never seen a camo outfit without pants. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Full zip Halstead with a hood.
aero wool with a hood.
Bring back max-1.
A light weight early season glove that isn’t merino.
Zip off bottoms made from synthetic or aero wool.

Officially change the uncompahgre to the unpronounceable.

LandYacht

WKR
I’ll echo the calls to being back ASAT. Gonna have to look elsewhere, for the first time in 10 years, for my hunting clothes sadly.

dotman

WKR
Full zip Halstead with a hood.
aero wool with a hood.
Bring back max-1.
A light weight early season glove that isn’t merino.
Zip off bottoms made from synthetic or aero wool.

Officially change the uncompahgre to the unpronounceable.

Talus is hard to beat.

HankBC

Lil-Rokslider
I think the main thing for me would be to ditch the S,M,L crap for pants. I hate wearing belts, suspenders can be okay. I can’t seem to understand why they won’t size pants properly.

+1 for hooded halstead

+1 for aerowool hoody

+1 for zip off aerowool bottoms.

Aerowool gloves with touch screen capability.

Fairly certain aerowool is my favorite base layer, wouldn’t mind splurging on a couple more options of it.

More zip pit garments offered.
Pants with a little knee/butt pad like the Sitka Timberlines
Tougher water proof bottoms

Sawtooth is great but fit in the arms is funky
Add adjustable strap to waist like the Pirahna Zions have, to broaden the waist fit for the various builds of hunters

JD619er

WKR
I wish first lite would make their pants in tall for size small the mediums swallow my waist and the smalls are to short in the inseam which is the only thing holding me back from buying a pair. And I'll second the back pockets on the new Sitka ascent pants

strand

Lil-Rokslider
3/4 length zip off bottoms in both aerowool and a 170 weight merino, and a zip off version of their 230 weight full length merino bottoms.

Something like the halstead fleece, but full zip with a hood and a windstopper layer... I own the peloton 240 zip hoody from Kuiu and like it, but I prefer the grid fleece pattern and stretch in the halstead. I'm sure with a windstopper layer we'll lose some stretch, but I could live with that. I haven't laid hands on the new sawtooth, does it fit any of this criteria from the guys that have used it?

And of course keep the ASAT pattern in the lineup.

asac12

FNG
A full zip Halstead fleece with 2 zippered side pockets. A hood would be a bonus and change the camo sleeve pocket to match the fleece color. The SEAK and Cirrus could benefit from longer torso lengths as well. I think the SEAK is about an inch too short and the Cirrus is about 2 inches too short. It would be nice to have a low profile, lightweight, water resistant glove that's not made of wool. First Lite could call it the Uncompahgre or Cirrus glove. I would also like to see a revision to the Stormtight pants that has less of a taper so they can fit more easily over pants, boots, and gaiters. I'm a fan of Fusion and would like to see it on packs and pack rain covers. The purple tint on Cordura needs to get figured out though.

rmekus

Lil-Rokslider
ASAT! Like others have stated took me a few years to build up a good layering system and now need to replace some items. I am convinced this pattern is awesome I have had does and bucks at close range just look as if I was not there, especially when wearing the wind river balaclava.

pew

Lil-Rokslider
+1 for zip off bottoms and leg vents in pants and a Huge +1 for hooded aerowool shirt. Maybe the only thing that could beat the Sitka lightweight hoodie :).

Steadman

WKR
A soft shell type vest. Like the Sitka or Kuiu. That would complete the line for me

Add adjustable strap to waist like the Pirahna Zions have, to broaden the waist fit for the various builds of hunters

I would love the the integrated waist strap like the Zions. I land in between the small and medium FL pants. I don’t like wearing a belt and have had some issues with the suspender clips rubbing beneath the hip belt of my pack. Doesn’t rub with the Zions.